10: My New Love?

I guess we're asking Anthony to coffee. Again it's dress to impress. I decided to dress to impress. So I had brought a new outfit along time ago. A simple all black looking outfit. Make-up or no make-up? I don't have any more make-up. Sweet. I straightened my hair, it looks as if I need a trim. I don't know if I like it. I'm so insecure about my looks. I've been up since 5 this morning. After I got dressed my mom texted me.

Mom: Can I stay at your place? I got kicked out of mine.

Me: Sure, you know the way?

Mom: Your sister will show me.

Okay so Jayla knows where I live? Weird. How would she know? All I could really think about was Jay at my window. Now I'm thinking about the day at that club. What was he doing? Who were those girls? Why did he invite me? Stop it Crystal! Move away from the negative energy.

I got to school and eyes were steady looking at me. I got to my locker, to find a note from surprisingly Anthony. It read,

"Hey, that was a shitty first expression. I mean it was shitty to meet you again like that. I know you want to get to know me more, so how about ice cream today? Afterschool if it's fine."

After I read the note I felt two arms wrap around my waist. The only arms I know that feel like that was the well known, Jay.

"Get off of me now Jay," my tone was very stern.

"I have plans with someone today so let me go." I pushed him off.

"Then who is it?" ha he trying to act like he care.

"None of your business." I tried walking away but it only made him escalate the problem and follow me.

"Why him and not me?"

"He didn't hurt my feelings, like you did."

"Psht, not yet." he mumbled.

"Whatever Partner, I hope I don't run into you again."

Finally I can get to my English class. New seating arrangement? The only thing it said on the board. I swear we switch up everything in here. What a surprise. Anthony sits next to me. Bad seating arrangement, I'm not gonna be able to focus much. Anthony gave me this charmingly, good looking smile, I couldn't help but notice my cheeks were burning.

"Hey, your blushing." he softly chuckled.

I was blushing even harder. I tried covering it with my hands but it did no justice. Not to long ago he had an attitude with me, now he's friendly?

He cleared his throat, "So Crystal, you ready to get some ice cream?"

"Yeah, most definitely. I would like to get to know you. If it's okay."

"Whatever it takes to spend a day with you."

Hearing that made me feel funny inside. Made me feel like something I never felt with Jay. Or anyone. For the rest of the class we were quiet. I think Anthony caught me staring a couple times. The day went, Jay still keeps staring at me. I ignored him a lot today. He tried speaking to me but I never even looked at him. Atleast I can go get ice cream.

I met Anthony at the nearest ice cream parlor. I used to come here when I was little. Well I used to come here for as long I could remember.

"Hey, I got you bubblegum flavor."

Bubblegum flavor? They still have this? This was my favorite, until I couldn't find it anymore.

"Wow! No way. I could never find this in stores." I took a lick of my ice cream.

"You looked like someone who likes this flavor." we both laughed softly.

"Shall we walk around the park?" I asked.

"We shall."

We started off with a nice little stroll in the park. It was nice to see little kids running around, getting along with one another. I bet they don't have a clue of what love is.

"What?" Anthony was just staring at me.

"Your thinking about something. Your smiling."

A smile on my face? Haven't had one on in a long time. I guess being out here showed me what it's like to really be free without a care in the world.

"Oh, I was just thinking about how it was enjoying the nature of life without a care in the world."

"Deep. You could experience it again."

My ice cream is gone. But besides that, he said I could experience it again.

"Mhm, how?"

"Follow me."

We walked to this car, I'm guessing it's his. It was a sexy car. Ha, I know what else is sexy. Crystal! No!

The drive was fast. We stopped to the side of the road.

"This is it."

"The side of the road?" that's a knee slapper.

"No, follow me." he chuckled.

"You might fall so just hold my hand."

I took his hand, we walked through a couple of trees. But at the end, it was beautiful. It was something I never seen before. It was different, like he was different.

"Wow." The only thing I can say at the moment.

"She's a beauty right?"

"Yeah, a beauty at the side of the road. How did you find this place?" with an attitude like he has, I expected worse.

"Random thinking places you know. I need my fresh air time." we both laughed.

Anthony went to go sit on the ground. He patted on a spot next to him, I guess I'll sit there.  The lake and sun together at this moment was beautiful.

"This is nice. I really needed this."

We just sat there talking for a bit. About his life you know. It actually does sound like I met him. I leaned my head on his shoulder. He seemed to be cool with it.

"Sorry to interrupt, but your phone is ringing."

"Shit." he chuckled.

I answered, it was my mom. She said she was at the house. I had to go.

"Hey, you mind giving me a ride to the ice cream shop so I could get my car. I really got to go."

"Sure, no problem."

We went to his car and it was really quiet the way back.

"Thanks again for taking me to the spot."

"No problem. We should do this again sometime."

"Most definitely."

Welp, on my way to this trouble.