16: New Bestfriend?

I took a break from the dance floor to get me some punch. I noticed it was a guy just sitting there, lonely. I grabbed two cups of punch and went to his table.

"You mind if I sit here?"

All he did was shake his head. He seemed scared. Or I'm guessing he's very shy.

"Want some punch?" I handed him the cup. All he did was take a straw and stir it, like it was some type of drink.

"Are you someone's date? Are you new to this? What's your name?"

"Why? Why are you doing this?"

"Doing what?"

"Talking to me, y'all never did in class. Why now?"

"Maybe because I didn't know you in class and I felt bad for you here by yourself. What a douche bag."

"Look I'm sorry, I just never really had a convo with other classmates in this hell hole of a school."

"You always went here?"

"Yeah, I was quiet. Didn't bother anyone. I was kept to myself. Never really interacted with people here. Only outside of school."

"What's your name, Stranger?"

"Uh, Justin, Justin Jones." we shook hands. He had a firm grip.

"I'm Crystal, Crystal Moore."

"Yeah, I know."he said flatly.

"Oh."

"Yeah, I heard about you and Jay. Sorry."

"It's alright, hey, friends?"

"Friends. Hey, you wanna blow this joint for some late night ice cream?"

"Sure, we'll walk."

We walked out together, leaving my car. I wonder why he was so quiet.

We walked out past the school when all of a sudden, someone was calling my name.

"Crystal," Jay out of breath, "wait up!"

"What?"I snapped.

"We need to talk."he was catching his breath.

"There's nothing to talk about." I took Justin's hand and walked away.

"When will I see you again!"he yelled.

I stopped and turned around.

"When I'm twenty-one."

"Only three years from now."

"Yeah, I hope I forget you near that time. Have a nice life."

"You too." he mumbled.

The walk to the ice cream parlor was silent. Justin didn't say nothing, I didn't say nothing. Finally we reached the parlor.

"What kind would you like?" Justin asked me.

"The strawberry cheesecake flavor sounds nice." I said, sounded like I was depressed.

"A strawberry cheesecake for the lady and a double fudge for me." he told the ice cream clerk.

"A chocolate lover, huh?"

"I guess you can say that." he smiled and grabbed the two ice cream cones.

We started to walk around the park a bit, it was getting chilly. I was rubbing my arms to keep warmth. Justin stopped, took off his jacket and put it on me.

"Thanks." I flashed a smile.

Justin POV

Crystal was nice, I mean she is nice. I don't even know why certain people talked about her so much. She don't seem like trouble at all. All I could say was that she was messing with trouble. I want no relationship with this girl. I just did a kind gesture into giving her my jacket.

"Why did you go back?"I asked.

"Go back to what?" she finished her ice cream.

I took my thumb and wiped the ice cream from the corner of her mouth. Too soon? Was that friend material with her?

"To Jay, a second time."

She eyes were glaring into mine.

"I got fed lies."

We sat on a bench and just sat there, watching people.

"You know," she started, "that time in life where you just want to erase things, not the memories because they teach you things but, the people that caused so much pain?"

"Deep." that's all I could think of.

"You sound like my best friend, Ashley." she's already seeing me as a best friend, I guess.

"A boy replacement?" I joked.

"You are, it fits."

Oh lord.

We walked back towards the school to her car. We said our goodbyes and then she said,

"Justin, your my new best friend."

All you can do is show this girl a good time and your labeled.

"And your my only friend, in this school."

We waved and she left. Now it's just me out here alone.

I heard footsteps marching towards me. He was charging at me. He socked me right in the face. Lights out for me.