The Victim

"Tomorrow at dusk, one of you will die." The man said. Hope and I were sitting in front of him, strapped to cold metal chairs. "One of you will be sacrificed to resurrect the Demon King." "I'll do it." Hope said. "No." I said. "I'll do it. Don't try to stop me. I have a plan." "Tobin will consume your soul." Hope said. "Just like Carli would have consumed yours." I countered. "Thalia, you don't have to do this." Hope said. "Hope, just let it happen." I said. "I have a plan." Okay. Back up. Rewind. My name is Thalia Skywalker. The world knows me as one of the best forwards the U.S. Women's National Team has ever had, but I'm much more. I'm one of seven women who holds the fate of this world in their hands. We all wield a True Stone of Power, and each of us has a different colored stone. I'm red, Megan Rapinoe is orange, Abby Wambach is yellow, Alex Morgan is green, Carli Lloyd is blue, Hope Solo is indigo, and Tobin Heath is purple. Currently, all seven of us have been captured by Them. The servants of the Demon King. Anyway, back to the sitiation at hand. The guards dragged me and hope back to the cell where we were held, along with the others. "What is it?" Tobin asked. "What did he want?" "Thalia's going to be sacrificed." Hope said grimly. "Tomorrow at dusk." "What?!" Tobin said. She grabbed my shoulders. "It's not true." she said. "Tell me it's not true!" I sighed. "It's true, Tobs." I said. "No!" Tobin said. "Tobin, it's gonna be alright." I said. "I have a plan." Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention. Tobin's my girlfriend. The next day, at dusk, I was taken into a room and clothed in a simple white dress. My hands were tied behind my back, and I was forced into an incredibly uncomfortable position, bending over with my neck on an obsidian altar. This is where I would die. Or so they thought.