The Sacrifice

A few weeks later, the team was gathered together against the deadliest foe they'd ever faced: the Demon King himself, along with his mortal servant. The two forces clashed, and once the Demon King had been sufficiently weakened, the Seven surrounded him. Their gems glowed, opening a portal. The Demon King fell into it, and the portal closed. As soon as it did, Thalia fell to the ground, clutching her side. "Thalia, what's wrong?" Tobin asked, dropping to her knees at her girlfriend's side. "It hurts so much." Thalia moaned, her face contorted in pain. "Can you move your hand for me, kiddo?" Hope asked gently, kneeling next to Tobin. Thalia moved her hand away from her side, and Hope and Tobin gasped. A deep, bloody wound had been carved into the tiny forward's side. "No." Tobin whispered. "No! Pressy, can you heal her?" Press came forward, placed her hand on Thalia's wound, and immediately took it away. "No." she said. "I'm sorry. I can't. There's too much darkness in the wound." "Alex? Carli?" Tobin asked. Both women tried, and shook their heads sadly. By this time, the whole team had gathered around Thalia, who had fallen unconscious, her face still contorted in pain. "Coach, there's gotta be something we can do!" Tobin cried, looking at Jill. There was desperation in the midfielder's eyes, and tears were streaming down her face. Jill calmly took Tobin's wrist and guided guided it towards her face. Tobin's tears fell onto her thumb, and Jill wiped it onto Thalia's wound. Nothing happened. Tobin began to sing softly. It was a simple melody, but one of Thalia's favorites. "Carry on my wayward son, there'll be peace when you are done." Hope heard Tobin, and began to sing along. "Lay your weary head to rest, don't you cry no more." the whole team joined in one by one. Many only knew the chorus, but they still sang. Is it working? Abby asked Tobin, using her finger to write in the dirt. Tobin looked at Thalia's wound, and saw that it was closing. Yes. She wrote. It's working. It's working, Abby! By the end of the song, Thalia's wound had closed. Tobin picked Thalia up, cradling the tiny forward in her arms. Thalia's eyes opened. "Tobin." she murmured. "I'm here." Tobin said, kissing her girlfriend gently. "You're alright." "I'm alright." Thalia mumbled, and she fell asleep in Tobin's arms.