Chapter Four :)

Kian's POV

Our faces were as close as they were a couple years back; it was the perfect moment, until it was ruined of course.

"Charlotte Mackenzie Davis! If you don't open the door now, I will never leave you alone! Open it now!" a voice said outside of the front door to Char's house.

I knew exactly who it was, and I think she did too. I turned to look at the door then turned back to her and saw her eyes quickly fill with water.

"Char, it's gonna be ok! I'm here! He will have to get through me, which he won't, before he would be able to get to you. I promise I won't let anything happen to you, ok?" I told Char reassuring her that nothing was going to happen.

"Kian, let me do it. I can't let anything happen to you!" She said to me and now bawling.

"Char, it's gonna be ok. I want you to go and lock yourself in your parents' room. That way if he does beat me down, he won't come up to your room. Ok?" I told her before pulling her into a hug.

"Ok, just please be careful, Kian." She told me before she ran to her parents' room.

"What is taking you so long Charlotte? Open the door! Now! I'm never gonna leave you alone!" the voice said again.

I took a deep breath and opened the door.

"What are you doing here? Are you hooking up with Charlotte now? Is she cheating on me with you? I guess that you guys' kiss a while back has made you guys realize that you're more than best friends!" he said in an angry yet not intimidating voice.

"Look, you really hurt her, Jacob. If you hurt my best friend, I hurt you. That's just how it is. This isn't the first time either. This is just the first time that she has looked over everything and realized how bad you treat her." I said almost yelling at him.

"Well it's not like she knows I've been cheating on her! So I guess it's alright, right?" he said loudly not realizing that Char had come to the top of the stairs.

"Jacob, are you serious right now? You are mad at me—" Char started before I quickly cut her off.

"Char, are you sure you wanna?" I asked her just to make sure she was aware of what could go down.

"Positive." She said nodding at me giving me a slight smile.

Then she came a little further down the stairs and said, " You are mad at me because my best friend and I kissed a few years ago and haven't since? And that he is always with me? And that he actually cares about me? No! That's completely ridiculous! You have nerve to be talking. I didn't know you have been cheating on me, so thanks for the extra information so I have another thing to be mad at you for. Thanks for breaking my heart, jerk." She yelled at Jacob with tears running all down her face.

"Listen here, Charlotte. No one talks to me like that. Haven't I told you this before? Oh, right, I have. Now let me help you learn your lesson." Jacob said stepping further and further into the house as he spoke.

"Here's your lesson of the day." Jacob said swinging and punching Char in the face.

Before I said anything, I grabbed Char and held her tight in my arms. She held me super tight, almost as if she was afraid to ever let go. She was crying harder than I've ever seen her cry before into my chest. I also grabbed my phone and dialed 911 without Jacob seeing.

"Did you really just do that? Are you serious right now? I never liked you, and I never will." I said to Jacob in a tone that I didn't even know I had.

"Get out." I told him.

"This isn't the last of me, Charlotte." Jacob said walking out of the house.

"I hope you know that we are over." Char said between tears.

"Think whatever you want." Jacob said walking out of the door and slamming it as hard as he could which caused Char to jump a little.

Next thing you know, Jacob was being shoved into the back of a cop car.

Char looked up at me and I picked her up and hugged her as hard as I could to let her know a couple of things. Those being that she's ok and everything is gonna be ok, I'm here and will always be here for her, and I will always love and protect her. Wait, what? Do I love Char? Am I in love with my best friend?

A/N

Heyyy! So I know it's been a couple of days since I updated, but school and volleyball have been keeping me super busy. So I really am sorry for that!

Also, I know that I do have people reading this, but I really only have one person who is consistently active and commenting what they think of the chapters. It would motivate me so so much if I knew that people were reading this because I feel like nobody is. So if you want me to continue, please let me know in the comments :)

Back to a happier note, I need some characters for future chapters. And by that, I mean after 11 :) 

It may be a while, but it will be up sooner than you know it! Leave your name and description of yourself down there if you wanna be a part! I won't be accepting people after I have at least 5 submissions, so let me know :)

Comment & Vote :)))

^^^^^^

10/6/15