Part 5

*2 Days Until Christmas*

"So, what are you two planning on doing today?" Stef asked Jude and Connor, who were sprawled out on the couch, watching TV. Yesterday they hadn't really gone anywhere, except for Connor who went to pick up one of his gifts. They had wrapped their presents and placed them under the tree, and then played video games the rest of the day.

"Nothing," Jude answered casually.

"Great, so then you guys can go shopping for the party!" Stef "suggested" (it was a mother's suggestion, meaning it was more of a demand than a choice), to groans from both Jude and Connor.

"Moooooom, do we have to?" Jude complained. He was rather enjoying being lazy on the couch with Connor (if for no other reason than the couch's forced proximity).

"Yeah mom, do we have to?" Connor echoed. Stef beamed at him for a moment. He called her mom; she had a feeling very similar to years before when Jude first came into their house; Connor was starting to see them as family and that was a big deal, even though Connor was going to be a part of their family in a very different way, or at least she hoped he would. The smile stuck for a few seconds before her expression returned to being serious.

"Yes you have to, you are not staying cooped up in this house all day," Stef commanded. "And since shopping is about the only thing Connor's up to doing, that's what you're stuck with."

"Ugh," they both replied.

"You better get going if you want to avoid the crowds. The grocery store gets really busy around 10:00 AM, especially today since it's the day before Christmas Eve," Stef sang over her shoulder, sauntering back into the kitchen.

"So should we go now?" Jude wondered, his question directed at Connor.

"Yeah, why not," Connor answered. "The sooner we go the sooner we get back, right?"

"I suppose," Jude grumbled, grunting as he got up off the couch, heading towards the door. Connor started giggling behind him, and Jude spun around to look at him.

"What's so funny?" Jude demanded.

"You're really going to go out like that?" Connor chortled while he was in the process of changing his pants. Jude gulped, staring for a second at Connor in his boxers, who was smirking at him, before averting his eyes to look at his own outfit. His Star Wars shirt was fine, but he was still wearing his red and green plaid pajama pants. He was not going out in those.

"I-I um n-no," Jude stuttered, looking up to see that Connor had finished changing. He strode over, quickly plucking a pair of black skinny jeans from his bag (avoiding all eye contact with Connor) and ducking into the bathroom to change. Just because Connor was comfortable changing in front of him, didn't mean Jude was comfortable doing the same. The sexual tension between them was getting ridiculous, and it seemed like Connor only wanted to add fuel to the fire. Why else would Connor basically strip down right in front of him? It was only a matter of time—

"Hey Jude, what's going on? You've been in there for ten minutes!" Connor exclaimed, interrupting Jude's thoughts. It seemed like everyone had a knack for cutting into his head when he was thinking about Connor; he had yet to have any kind of coherent string of thoughts about Connor that ran to their natural end. Somehow, he was always interrupted (though maybe that was a good thing). He ran a hand through his hair, quickly adjusting it, before stepping out and joining Connor who was waiting for him at the front door.

"Alright, let's go. I don't want to be around these last-minute holiday shoppers any longer than I have to," Jude urged, stepping out the front door and getting in the car.