Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Sidney's view

I couldn't see Liam's face when he went to look in my backpack, and I didn't want to. I didn't want to see the sad, sorrowful look he would give me as he held it in his hands. So I kept turned, facing my back to him as I heard the familiar sound of my backpack unzipping. Then I could hear papers being un-crumbled.

I could only picture his face as he read the mean words scribbled across the papers. The words and letters I read earlier that sent me crying in the bathroom stall. I read them all, which I knew I shouldn't have but I did and not I regret it.

The next thing I heard was my backpack being dropped to the floor and his footsteps loudly stalking out of my room.

"No Liam!" I yelled quickly getting up to stop him. I caught hold of his forearm right as he was about to go down the stairs. He looked at me confused as I had tears running down my face and was begging for him not to. "Please don't tell" I whispered so only he could hear.

"But, they have to know. It's the only way it will be stopped" he whispered back looking down at me and holding the letters tightly in his hand.

"Please.." I begged, a continuous stream of tears coming from my eyes. "Don't" I looked into his eyes as he searched mine.

"But..." He began.

"Liam please" I pulled him back into my room closing my door and pushing him to sit on my bed. "I don't want them to worry, too. Look I'm fine, it was just the first day, maybe they were just kidding and giving me a hard time." I suggested trying to convince him and myself. He stayed quiet still holding the letters in his hand as he stared at me, mouth slightly agape.

"Please" I pleaded wrapping my arms around his waist and burring my face into his shirt. There was a second that pasted before his large arms engulfed me in a warm, tight hug.

"Fine...but you have to talk to me about it everyday. Ok?" I nodded against his chest relieved. He sighed before it went quiet for a while longer.

Then finally he spoke "are you hungry?"

"Not really" I answered truthfully-even though I've barely eaten all day.

"We'll you want to come down stairs?" He asked hopeful.

"Yeah" we pulled away and he smiled at me, making me smile back. He stood up and shoved the letters into his pocket while trying to hide it. I pretended I wasn't looking and just stood up and began walking down the hall.

I was surprised and made a funny yelping noise when I was swept off my feet to be thrown over Liam's shoulder. Then I lightly laughed as he trucked down the stairs to the living room. The boys were all sat on the couch, paying half attention to the tv and their phones. Liam dropped me across Louis', Zayn's, and Niall'a laps as he sat next to Harry on the smaller couch.

"Did you have a nice nap?" Louis asked at my feet. I muttered a yeah and smiled at him before looking at Niall who spoke.

"How was your first day of school?" He asked very interested in my answer as he fiddled my hair around his finger.

"It was fine." I smiled through the lie that came out so easily. I could see Liam turn his head toward me but I dared not to look at him, it would only make it obvious that he knew something. And I didn't want to see the look in his eyes showing that he was disappointed in me, disappointed that I wouldn't-couldn't tell them.

Niall opened his mouth to speak but Liam beat him to it.

"Hey...why don't we order some Chinese food for diner?" He suggested, standing to his feet. There was a chatter of agreements and nods which I jointed too. "I'll go order then" Liam declared after looking around. He left the room, walking into the kitchen to call as we were all quiet in the living room.