Chapter 3

Martha woke up with the baby, and went into the kitchen, she started to feed the baby, Rancho got up and put his clothes and coat on, and went to town, to tell the Sheriff what happened.

"Sheriff, I need you to arrest Michael and Brandon?" asked Rancho.

"What happened?" asked the Sheriff concerned.

"They broke into my house, they tried to take my baby from me," said Rancho.

"I'll go see them, they're living in the war again it seems," said the Sheriff walking over to the saloon.

"Thank you Sheriff," said Rancho.

"Alright, Michael, Brandon, get up, you both are under arrest for trying to kidnap Rancho's son," said the Sheriff.

So they both stood up and smiled and went with the Sheriff and Randy, the Sheriff's deputy.

"Why did you break into his home, trying to take his son?" asked Randy.

"When that baby grows, he will be a killer, he will burn the town down will kill everyone in it, when that day comes, we will be ready, once again, like we did in the  Indian fighting days," said Michael.

"Michael those's days are long gone, they are all on Reservations now, we have had no trouble with the Indians, there are some that come here and trade, he will not be a wild Indian, he was taken when he was not even a year old," said Sheriff.

"What, you too?"' asked Brandon.

"You two need to stop living in the war, come back to the future, you guys are afraid of what's coming and you know it," said the Sheriff.

"You and the whole town are going to be sorry, you're going to regret it," said Michael.

                 So the Sheriff shut the iron door and went back to playing his chess game. Years and years have come and gone and their son never did do anything that Brandon and Michael said, he was a good boy, went to school, made friends, making good grades. As they were sitting down around the table eating a knock was at the door.

"Hello Rancho, how are you doing?" asked Aunt Darlene.

"Good, come on in," said Rancho.

"Thank you," said Aunt Darlene.

"Would you both like something to eat or drink?" asked Rancho.

"No, were fine thank you," said Darlene's husband.

"Hello sister?" asked Martha.

"Hello Martha darling," said Aunt Darlene.

"Hello, Aunt Darlene," Jason giving her a hug.

"Were moving to Arizona," said Darlene's husband.

"Really, that's a big step Darlene," said Martha.

"I know, but it's a beautiful place," said Darlene.

"Well, do keep in touch," said Rancho.

"We will, we'll write you letters and write when we have arrived," said Aunt Darlene.

"Well keep us posted," said Martha.

"We will," said Aunt Darlene.

"Whoa, where are you going son, put your gun up, you know you're not supposed to have that, you're supposed to ask me first?" asked Rancho.

"I want to go with them, to protect them against them Indians, I heard that the Indians in Arizona jumped the Reservation and now is going up and down Arizona burning settler's homes, I just want to go to protect them on the way there and when they get home, I can protect them there from them renegades," said Jason.

"We will be fine sonny, I promise, we will write on the way, and when we arrive in Arizona we will write also," said Darlene's husband.

"Yes we will be alright," said Aunt Darlene.

"Alright," said Jason.

"Now go inside and put that away before someone gets hurt," said Rancho.

"Yes sir," said Jason.

"Good bye Martha darling," said Aunt Darlene.

"Goodbye," said Martha.

"Rancho you take care," said Darlene's husband.

"You also," said Rancho.

Then they walked to their wagon and rode away. It started to get late so they cleaned up and went to bed.