Chapter 11

Rancho, Martha, and Jason left the store and rode up to the schoolhouse. She ran out of school with a smile on her face. Jason got off and helped Nakuma get on the wagon, and they went home.

As they arrived home, Jason had some chores he had to do or finish up.

"I'll go feed the horses, and put them in the stables," said Jason jumping off the wagon.

Jason took the horses back to the stables and fed them and started to walk back to the house.

"Nakuma, come on, mommy needs to give you a bath," said Martha.

"No," pouted Nakuma crossing her arms.

Jason slowly walked up to Nakuma and picked her up from behind.

"Listen to mom, you have to take a bath," said Jason carrying her to the house.

Martha gave Nakuma a bath, and they all went to bed.

When everybody was sleeping, a crash noise came through the window, then a fire rose up. Rancho quickly got out of bed with Martha, he ran to Nakumas room, she was up crying, Rancho quickly grabbed her and ran towards the kitchen door, when small pieces of wood started to fall off the roof, Nakuma was screaming and was scared, then they took a step and a fire rose in front of them, Rancho quickly grabbed a blanket and wrapped Nakuma in it, and he ran through the fire, and laid Nakuma far away on the ground and ran back inside. Jason looked at Rancho and Martha, he ran through the fire and outside to Nakuma, picking her up. Rancho and Martha held hands, as they were about to run through, then the roof caved in, making a bigger flame, Rancho and Martha looked across the fire, and heard Jason yelling.

"COME ON!!!

Rancho shook his head and bent down with Martha on their knees, and wrapped there arms around each other and closed their eyes. There house went up in flames and came crashing down. Nakuma was crying and scared, Jason went to the barn, and grabbed two horses, one horse they rode together and the other followed, they rode quickly into to town to tell the Sheriff.

"Do you know who did it?" asked the Sheriff.

"Yes, Brandon and Michael," said Jason in anger.

"I'll have my deputy's round up a posse, and go after them, I will see them hanged," said the Sheriff.

"Good, and if you don't catch them, then I will," said Jason.

"Where will you go?" asked the Sheriff.

"I don't know somewhere up in the mountains," said Jason.

So they rode away to the back part of Montana, away from the town away from civilization. Jason killed a lot of animals for food and shelter. As Nakuma grew, he taught her how to hunt and pick the right berries, like how to hunt for a bird or a rabbit. One night they were sleeping, Jason was having a dream about the fire and his parents and it woke him up.

"You were having another dream about mom and dad again," said Nakuma.

"Go back to sleep," said Jason.

They both went back to sleep. One day Jason Clear Water will get his revenge, but for right now he'll protect and teach his sister. He is letting the Sheriff do his job, but if he fails, Jason will take it into his own hands.