chapter 1

Don't afraid to
Comment
Vote
Share

           :::::::::::::::::::::::::

Walking down the narrow path through the woods, I finally spot the two story cabin. It looks a bit more worn than the photos shown on the website.

At the front door, I'm just about to knock, but the door is quickly swung open. A tall and very muscular man stands there genuinely smiling down at me.

"You must be one of our new renters." He extends a hand out to me, and I kindly shake it.
"Yes, I'm Adaline."
"Well OK then, my name is James, everything is all ready for you inside." He said while handing me a single key." Also the other roommates should be here later tonight. It's all yours for now." He says and walks away.

Putting the key away in my back pocket, I walk into the cabin, but the outside exterior is nothing compared to the inside's. The walls are painted a navy green but there are also soft florence lighting fixtures and fans hanging from the ceiling.

"Everything's all ready for you inside." Running to the kitchen, I look in the refrigerator and it's fully stocked. There's also boxes of pastas and different rice's in the cabinets.
By the looks of it, this should last us at least three months. That is unless the other girls eat like pigs.

Oh my god! Is that what I think it is? Once I got a closer view, I almost yelled.

OREO'S! This is like heaven. Packs on top of packs of Oreo's sit on top of each other, just waiting to be eaten. I grab one and open it immediately.

Shoving one in my mouth, I grab two more and began heading back to my car, to grab my two suitcases and handbag then walk back to the cabin.

Through the trees I hear the cracking of branches in the distance. I pause in mid step to look around but I see nothing. Turning back around toward the cabin, I'm faced with the same man that greeted me at the front door earlier. James. He said his name is James.

"You really shouldn't be out here this time of night, love."
It was getting dark out but its only 7 o'clock.

"I thought you were leaving." I state.

"Adaline, you must know, it is my duty to protect you from the harshness in this world."

I just stood there until I was able to find my words. "Who are you?" I asked. I stare at him in confusion.

"I'm your guardian angel, Adaline."

           ::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Don't forget to
Comment
Vote
Share