Chapter 20: Say What?

~Lacey~

I was super nervous. Maybe that was weird since I had already met some of Blaze's parents but in my mind this was different. I was squeezing Blaze so hard as he tore down the streets to his house that I was wondering if he was having trouble breathing. He pulled into his house, hoped off and helped me off before giving me a quick peck. Since we'd become an official couple, Blaze had gotten very touchy and affectionate. Even now his arms circled my waist as he pulled me against his chest. At first I thought I might be a bit uncomfortable with it but it was like my body was starving for attention. Every time he touched me or kissed me it was like he soothing something in my soul that I hadn't known was neglected. I was starting to crave his touch and it only been a couple days.

"You'll be fine, Doll. They're gonna love you." Blaze's hand ran up my back in a comforting touch. I leaned into him, closing my eyes and inhaling his musky scent. "Ready?" he asked, tilting my chin up to look at him. I nodded and swallowed hard. I was trembling a bit but with Blaze here, holding me, I knew I would be okay. He grabbed my hand, leading me into the house.

I had only seen the foyer of the downstairs the last time I was here but now Blaze led me through the wide archway to the right. I don't know what I expected but the room we entered was a far cry from it. The front wall, with the wide, paned window, featured a painted scrollwork design, with hearts hidden among them of course. The far wall was covered in dark wood shelves, the very center featuring carved doors with iron handles. The shelves were covered in books, picture frames, little knick knacks, an Xbox plus games and controllers. Several large, overstuffed beanbags were piled in the far corner and a couple large deep red couches sat back to back in the center of the room. A mosaic tile coffee table rested in front of the couch facing the foyer flanked by two pale grey armchairs.

Men were scattered around the room. A couple were lounged on the couches and chairs. One was sitting primly, reading. I noticed none of the kids were there. The backside of the room was open to what looked like a kitchen area and Blaze's mom entered from there, catching sight of us in the doorway and smiling.

"Blaze, don't make the poor girl just stand there. They don't bite, dear I promise."

"Hey!" An extremely muscled guy protested from his prone position on the floor. Blaze's mom rolled her eyes.

"You don't bite, Honey. You nibble and only my fingers. Ignore my husband, no one bites." Um...Okay? Blaze laughed at my expression.

"Yeah, they're always like this. Welcome to Weirdsville." The others had all begun to move, coming to the front half of the room. I wanted to hide behind Blaze, but his palm on the small of back, applying a light pressure, kept me where I was. I glanced over the throng of men and as my eyes found wavy brown hair and eyes that looked like a fire was lit in them, my own eyes went as wide as saucers.

Oh. My. God.

I turned my shocked gaze on Blaze, "Victor Morgan!" My voice squeaked, "One of your dads is Victor Morgan!" Blaze ran a hand across the back of his neck and smiled at me sheepishly.

"Uh, yeah. I take it you know who he is." Was he serious?

"Of course I know who he is! Everyone knows who he is!" There were chuckles around us as I went on, "Victor Morgan is one of the greatest pianists alive. Not to mention the Morgan family is one of the oldest and richest families in Charleston. And he's one your dads? You could have mentioned it! I'm so not dressed for this." I muttered the last part as I glanced at Victor again. I was surprised to find him blushing.

"You look gorgeous doll. And I'm sorry. It didn't cross my mind to warn you because we don't really think about it here. I mean to us he's just Dad." The chuckles around us grew louder.