Chapter Two - What is Love?

I haven't been able to get this Jeff Buckley guy off my mind. There was something about him. I don't know what it was but I loved whatever it was. Love. You see, that's one thing I have been running from my whole life. I have always been terrifically afraid of love. I haven't experienced a proper relationship, at twenty four years of age I have never experienced love. Maybe Jeff could be the one. I definitely have a little crush on him, I know nothing about him but I still sense he is a great person. Tomorrow I will talk to him. Maybe we could become friends, and I could show him songs I can play on the guitar. Even if we stay friends I would still be happy. Having a friend with a voice like an angel, where could you go wrong? What am I thinking? I might not even become friends with him. This human has hypnotised me and all I can think about is him. I laid in my bed trying to get him off my mind but it was too hard, there's no way I'm going to sleep anytime soon.

"I may as well go for a walk" I said to myself.

I put on my coat and boots and ventured out into the cold, black and white city. As I walked I admired the stars, stars are beautiful things. You never get to see many in a big city, but in the country they are so much more glorious. Stars are amazing things but no one ever cares to look at them, everyone is always focused on other things, like school, work, money, their social life. I'm not saying that I don't care about those things, of course I do. But I'm talking about the people who don't seem to care for nature and all the wonderful things on this planet which aren't man made. Society tells you to keep your head out of the clouds but I think its great to keep your head in the clouds for as long as you can. I continued to walk to streets, not very focused on where I was going and bang! I smashed into a tall man.

"Shit! I'm sorry, sir" I said, picking up his belongings and handing them to him.

"It's no problem" he said smiling at me.

It was him. It was Jeff. I don't think he recognised me, so I decided to compliment his performance, for real this time.

"I really enjoyed your show at Sin-E" I said, dusting myself off.

"Oh!" he said surprised "Thank you! Are you thinking of coming to the next one? It's tomorrow at 7"

"Yeah, definitely!" I said.

"May I ask your name?" he said.

"It's Amélie." I said.

"Well, it was nice to meet you, Amélie, I hope to see you tomorrow" He said and then waved goodbye.

"It was nice meeting you too. Bye!" I said and waved.

Wow. That could've gone worse. I should've made a cute joke, or said something remotely funny, then he might remember more. But gosh was he cute. He has a voice like an Angel and a face like an Angel. Never in my whole life have I ever refereed to someone else as an Angel so many times. Gosh, this man was amazing.