Chapter Four - The Dream

"Amélie" I heard a voice.

"Amélie, I love you".

I turned around and saw him. It was Jeff. Was it him who said that? Where am I? 

"Jeff. Where am I?" I asked him.

"I love you" he said. He walked closer to me and held me to his chest "I love you so much".
 My heart was beating so much it felt as if it was about to fall out of my chest.

"I love you so much" he said holding my head closer to his chest.

"So much" he repeated.

I moved my head away from his chest and saw that he was melting "Jeff!"

"I'm sorry, Amélie" he said.

"Jeff, don't leave" I said.

"I'm sorry" he said, he started to cry. "I love yo-"

Ring. Ring. Ring.

It was only a dream. I rubbed my eyes and pulled open my bedside table draw, I pulled out my journal and wrote the dream in there. I like to keep track of all my dreams, especially the weird ones. What was that dream about? Did it mean something? The phone stopped ringing. I walked over to the phone and called the number back.

"Amélie?" said the voice, it was Jeff.

"Oh. Hi Jeff" I replied, I felt a little strange talking to him because of the dream.

"Are you okay?" he asked, he must of noticed the uneasy sound in my voice.

"Yeah. I just had a strange dream. That's all" I said, trying to sound a little happier.

"Ohh okay." he said.

There was a silence, then he suddenly said "I was wondering if you wanted to catch up today?"

My heart raced. He was asking me out! I was so gobsmacked I couldn't reply.

"Amélie?" he asked.

"Of course!" I said.

"Really?" he said, surprised.

"Yes, you big goof" I said, still incredibly happy.

"Oh, thank God" he said, relieved. "So, can I pick you up at around eight?"

"I'll see you then" I said.

"Bye, Love" he said and ended the call.

I put the phone down and sat on the end on my bed. I looked back at my journal. This must mean something. What does it mean? Is this a sign? Maybe this date isn't such a good idea. I could end up hurting him. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

*sorry this is such a short chapter, i will be updating it again soon*