Chapter Five - First Date

He said he'd pick me up by eight and it's now, six. I need to get ready fast or this could end as a disaster. Jeff didn't mention where he was taking me or what we were doing, so I decided that I should wear formal casual. I put on my denim skirt overalls and a cute blouse with my docs. I didn't do much to my hair, but I put a little bit of red lipstick on my lips, because... that's romantic, right?

Knock, knock.

"WHAT?" I thought to myself "He's here already?!"

I calmed myself down and opened the door. I expected to see Jeff's lovely face, but instead I saw the putrid face of my ex.

"Hey..." I said, unsure how to react to the situation.

"Amelie, you look nice," he responded.

"Yeah, I do look nice, and it's not for you honey," I thought to myself.

"Uhh, thanks?" I instead said.

There was a silence, "Harrison, what do you want?" I said, breaking the awkward feeling.

"I wanted to see if you were doing anything tonight," he said, winking his ugly wink at me.

"I'm going on a date with someone else, so could you please get your punch-able face out of my vision?" I said, he was a douche bag and he deserved it.

"Wow, feisty. Who's this bloke you're interested in?" He asked me.

"Oh piss off", I said, slamming the door. As if I could be bothered to deal with his shit.

To calm myself down, I listened to Sly & the Family Stone, and it worked.

An hour passed, and suddenly there was another knock at the door. I kept the Sly record on and opened the door, and there he was.

"Hey Amelie", he said, holding a bouquet of roses, "These are for you".

I was so flustered, I could feel my cheeks getting red.

"Thank you!" I responded.

"Hey, are you listening to Just Like A Baby?" he asked me.

"Yeah, I have it on vinyl", I responded, still red in the cheeks.

He noticed my cheeks and gave one a little pinch, "Let's see your collection."

I felt my face getting warmer, but I tried to ignore it. I walked him to my bookcase of vinyl and we looked through the collection together. He pulled out one of my Neil Diamond albums and smirked at me.

"Are you a big fan of Diamond?" he said, half laughing, half serious.

I snatched the record, "My Nana bought it for me!" Which was true, I honestly hated Neil Diamond.

Jeff raised his eyebrow, "Right... just like how my Nana bought me Phil Collins".

I poked my tongue out at Jeff and we kept looking through the records together. He grabbed a compilation Leonard Cohen album and played it. As the music played, he sang along.

I smiled at him and said "You know, you have the voice of an angel."

His faced glowed as he smiled and looked at me. I leaned in closer to him, and he leaned in close to me. And we kissed. His lips were soft and warm. He put his hand on my cheek and caressed it. We stopped and opened our eyes.

"Wow" he said.

I giggled and smiled at him.

Am I falling in love with him?

__________________________________

I'm back! I was dead for a year or so, but now I'm back with my shitty story! Sorry if you've waited this whole time :') I'm really lazy