Chapter 2: A Tangle of Red String

You could hear everyone talking in hushed voices about something but you didn't really care what it was about until you overheard one of them say Ms. Hanji and you groaned.

Ms. Hanji was a good teacher you will admit, yet she had a crazy side to her as well. She was most defiantly interesting both in her teaching methods and her personality. However the reason she got the nickname, 'the crazy professor' was that she didn't shut up about these supernatural creatures called Titans. For some reason she believed they exist and are out there somewhere and she is constantly warning people and trying to dig up some sort of proof about their existence but so far her efforts have been in vain.

"Boo," someone whispered in your ear and you jumped.

You could hear laughter as you scowled and turned to face the person.

"Sasha!" you say loudly turning back around and letting your head slump onto your desk.

"I should've known it was you!" you spoke once again in a slightly annoyed tone that you hadn't guessed it was her.

"Got ya didn't I?" Sasha said, a big grin plastered on her face.

Rolling your eyes you mumbled a small maybe and turned to watch the door as people filed into the English classroom. Sasha's constant chatter dying into background noise as your head filled with static and all you were doing was staring.

Shaking your shoulders Sasha called out your name, "(Y/N)! you keep spacing out! Focus, she's here now."

You didn't even have to ask who she was talking about as you knew that it was Ms. Hanji and sure enough looking up confirmed it. There she was, standing at the front of the class her glasses taped around the middle and her hair wild and frizzy.

"Good Evening class! today I am your relief for English but instead of doing actual work we are going to talk about Titans!" Ms. Hanji said her voice full of enthusiasm.

You could hear a collective group of sighs and groans go throughout the room as she said the word Titans.
Here we go again you thought.

Looking around the room you spotted Armin in the far corner, he had a book open on his desk and was content just sitting there are reading. At that point in time you really wished you had bought something to entertain yourself with but unfortunately you hadn't.

Sighing you setting yourself into your seat, laying your arms on the desk and then resting your chin on the backs of your hands ready to listen to a long lesson of Hanji going on about Titans.

"May I first begin with how amazing Titans are! they can grow back limbs just like that." Hanji clicked as she spoke her voice rising and her eyes sparkling.

"They can be up to 50 metres tall! or even taller as a matter of fact!" she continued her voice never losing it's enthusiasm.

The lesson droned on and your eyes began to droop but you pulled yourself awake and forced yourself to watch the clock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. The time went on painfully slow until there was around only 10 minutes left of class. You could sense how reckless people were getting. Pens were being rapped against the edge of the desks and feet were tapping the floor unconsciously.

Ms. Hanji stopped and the majority of the class looked up to see what the problem was.

"I see I may be boring you, as much as it pains me I shall stop talking about Titans." She paused waiting for some sort of collective gasp or maybe even a few 'no's'.

"Instead we'll talk about one of my other...myths that I believe in." She continued.

"What may that be Ms.?" Sasha called out.

"Well the red string of fate." Ms Hanji said pushing her glasses up her nose.

"Red string of fate?" Ymir said from where she was sitting at the back of the class.

"Yes I'm sure all of you have seen pictures of people connected by something, that something being a piece of red string."

A few people nodded and some murmured amongst themselves wondering where this was going.

"I wonder however if any of you are connected by a red string?"

"I know who (Y/N) is connected to!" Sasha yelled out

"Sasha!!" you yelled and turned to face her, your face completely red.

Sasha laughed and so did the rest of the class, everyone else shouting out who they think would be connected to who.

"Now now class," Ms Hanji said trying to calm everyone down, looking at the clock she freaked in sharply and nodded her head.

"Okay so let's see anyone have any questions for the last 2 minutes of class?" Ms Hanji asked.

Slowly you raised your hand and said, "So can anyone be connected by this so called red string of fate?"

"Anyone and everyone I mean there are no limits when it comes to friendship and even love is there?" Ms. Hanji concluded.