Chapter Six: The Pleasant Succubus and The Alpha Who Played Nice

"Ghosts and silhouettes, they take a piece of me, they want it all."  

Chapter Six: The Pleasant Succubus and The Alpha Who Played Nice

That night was the first night in a long time that I slept alone, well slept is loose term. I barely slept at all. Ever since my wedding night, my dreams have been nothing but nightmares, haunting me about the death of my husband. Usually i feed enough so i wouldn't have to sleep, the energy of others keeping me from getting tired and the person i fed on was still in bed, but tonight i was alone. Cyrus won't sleep next to me, he practically hates me. So not falling asleep still seemed like the better option.

Cyrus brought me back to my room and left me there, expecting me to go to bed. I stayed in the room for a few hours until it seemed like everyone was asleep. I preoccupied myself with unpacking my bag and putting everything where it seemed like it belong. I kept on the shirt Cyrus gave me but I threw on some pajama shorts, so I was not parading around in my underwear anymore. After i was done, it seemed like it was the appropriate time to quietly wander the house for something to do until sunrise or whenever people around here wake up.

I quietly tip toed out of my room and slowly shut the door behind me. The lights all around the pack house were off, so i was praying  i wouldn't trip or fall. I quietly walked toward the direction I have yet to have explored in the pack house. Eventually I came across a door that was not completely closed. I gently pushed it open and it was not what I expected. On one side was a bookshelf that covered the entire wall and was filled to the brim with books. On the other side was a comfy looking couch and a coffee table. The room was decorated with rugs and framed pictures. I decided this was where I was going to hide out.

So for the next few hours I read through a bunch of books until the sun rose and light was seeping into the house. I heard a knock on the door and I looked up from my book to find Cyrus standing at the doorway. I gave him a small smile and closed the book, placing it next to me on the couch.

"Breakfast is ready if you want any." Cyrus stated.

"Thanks, I'll be down in a moment." I responded back.

"How long have you been in here?" Cyrus asked.

"Do you want the honest answer or the pretty lie I'm thinking of telling you?" I asked.

He raised an eyebrow at me. Honest answer it is.

I sighed. "A few hours after we got back from Glen's."

His eyes widened in shock. "So you didn't get any sleep last night?"

I shook my head. Cyrus came into the room and sat down next to me.

"So is that like a succubus thing?" He asked.

I chuckled. "No it's not a succubus thing, it's just a me thing."

"Why didn't you come to be if you couldn't sleep?" He asked softly.

I raised an eyebrow. "I didn't think you would care."

"Why wouldn't I care? You're my mate." He said defensively.

I turned my body toward him and was not sitting on with my legs crossed. "You've been giving me the impression that you hate me."

He let out a sigh and turned to face me. "I don't hate you, I'm just...overwhelmed by the situation."

I rolled my eyes. "Well I'm also overwhelmed but you don't see me acting like a grade A asshole."

He looked down at his hand. "You're right, I'm sorry for how I've been acting."

I sighed. "Well while we're apologizing for things, I'm sorry for feeding on you. I didn't mean to hurt you,  i just meant to spook you a bit."