♥ 7 SECONDS ♥

She was picking up apples. I could see her standing on the step ladder and it was swinging left and right, she barely could balance it out. Each time she would swing to one of the sides I closed my eyes scared, I thought she would fall. But being me, instead of building up the courage and going to help her by holding ladder in place, I stood several meters away glancing once in a while worried about her.

I, Park Jimin, did not know the girl's name. She was my neighbor, girl next door, but I never went to introduce myself. I wasn't usually shy or just this badly mannered in general, but every time I would see her face, my heart would stop and I had to run away if I didn't want to die from a heart attack.

Many times I tried to come to her and talk, just say hi. It never worked. I have never been blushing so hard in my life as the first time I saw her. The arrow of love hit my heart and even known I never believed in love, especially at first sight. This girl turned my world around as I realized to be wrong the whole time. Love existed. All kind of love, respectful for your parents, mixed up for your siblings, true for your friends, flaming love for your significant other... and cold, painful one sided love.

I experienced it right now. The freezing weather was nothing compared to snow storms in my heart. But it was all my fault as I wasn't brave enough to confess to her. The ladder swung once more and I closed my eyes letting the dark suck me in. As I opened them, she was already standing on stable ground with a basket filled with apples. She tip toed and reached for the one on the branch just above her head.

Her thin body line curved and she only shook the branch with tip of her fingers as she couldn't reach it. I smiled to myself, but then, our eyes suddenly met and she smiled back, I realized how stupid I must have looked. I probably was staring at her none stop. Who cares that unintentionally? That should have crept her out, I was a stranger.

The girl put a basket down and tried to reach the apple again. I couldn't understand why didn't she just used the ladder, she would have only needed to climb up like one step, the branch wasn't that far away, but she didn't. Instead girl next door kept on jumping and hitting the apple until suddenly it gave up and fell off. However it fell off because of quite a powerful hit and out of inertia flew to my side of the fence. My heart shook and I almost gasped. This was it.

Without giving it too much thought I stood up and just ran to the red sided apple in my yard. I bend over and picked it up. The girl was standing leaning on to the fence with the sweetest smile on her face and my mouth immediately dried out, I handed her the apple and nodded. I was about to turn around without even saying anything again. But her soft voice stopped me.

"Thank you, it's great to have such helpful neighbors."

I looked at her face, of course it was a mistake, because my cheeks heated up and I lost ability to speak. Her brown hair was floating with a wind, but did not fall in her deep brown eyes. As if some magical force would be helping her stay as perfect as she was. Even Mother Nature saw her perfection.

"I...you, ugh, I mean..."

I completely lost sense by the beginning of the sentence and now I was just awkwardly staring in to the sky waiting for her to walk away from such a weirdo as me. But I heard chuckle, something I wasn't expecting, and I had to look at her just to check if I wasn't hallucinating. But no, the girl was covering up her mouth with the other hand in which she didn't have an apple and surely chuckled once more.

I raised my eyebrows and giggled myself. The whole situation was quite silly itself. I reached my hands forwards over the fence and she took it.

"Bae Suzy."

"Park Jimin."

She nodded and let go of my hand, but the warmth from her palm stayed there a little bit longer. I didn't want her to let go of me. Talking to her was already a major accomplishment. I wanted this moment to never end. If someone would have let me I could have stood there forever.

"Thanks for an apple, I'll need all I can get."

Suzy thanked again and explained herself. I nodded at her answer, but curiosity took the control of my body.

"What will you do with them?"

I pointed at the basket and she turned around to glance at the apple pile she picked up herself. The second she couldn't see my face I inhaled air and surprisingly realized that I was not breathing this whole time. I quickly wiped off the sweat from my forehead and put on a smile. Why was this so hard?

"I'll be baking a pie. Few, like three or four,actually."

She looked back at me and met face to face with my wide smile. I bet it looked fake, but I kept on grinning and she giggled.

"Why so many?"

Now I leaned on the fence right beside her and casually checked out her yard pretending only accidentally take a peek at her, when in reality she was the view I wanted to look at all day and night.

"I have many guests coming over for my deployment party."

She deeply sighted and bend over to take the basket from the ground. Good thing she had to look away or horror in my face probably would have scared her. That's what you get Park Jimin for being a coward. You had so many chances, so many days, months, years to do what you just did, but you hesitated. And now that's what you get. Suzy is leaving. And you just introduced yourself. Love can't wait, but I ignored that fact anyways and now scolded myself.

"You're moving?"

I questioned the obvious. And she sadly agreed. The basket seemed quite heavy. And an idea popped in my mind out of instinct.

"Let me carry that for you!"

I ran around and opened a gate to her yard walking in without a permission. Suzy waited for me surprised, but didn't decline my offer and happily handed the basket.

"Thank you Jimin."

She bowed to me. And I gestured her to lead the way.

"I can help you bake if you wish."

I offered and almost hit myself in the face. I did not know how to cook. Don't even get me started on baking a pie. I even had no idea what ingredients we need. But Suzy happily cheered taking my offer very satisfied.

"Oh Park Jimin! That would be amazing!"

"It's nothing."

I waved that off, like it really was nothing, but I was all sweaty and shaking. What did I get myself in to?

"Too bad we're meeting just now."

Suzy turned around at me and pouted unlocking the house's door. I couldn't agree more. All I wanted to know now was, how much time I got? Is there still a chance for us? But who could have given me answers if not Suzy herself, however I wasn't going to ask her. If it is the last and at the same time first time, at least I wanted to leave her a great impression. All though I didn't want to become only a memory to her, if I had to... I wanted to be a memory that she would remember gladly.

TheBABELLE

Please check out the trailer for the story it's has been made by wonderful @BeautiFlare_uj !!!
Thanks for reading ^-^ Here is the link: https://youtu.be/8N4M25dTVrY