CHAPTER SEVEN

"Call Jiyong," Appa YG said, handing me his phone.

My hand shook as I tapped on Jiyong's contact number and placed the phone to my ear. Could this really prove my innocence? Jiyong answered after the third ring.

"Jiyong oppa!" I exclaimed when he picked up.

"Oh, Mindy," he answered, surprised. "Why...are you calling on the president's phone?"

"It's urgent. Are you in the YG building right now?" I asked.

"No...I'm picking up a new scarf from Hermés. What's the matter," he replied.

I rolled my eyes. Of course, he would be shopping. "Well, I think we found evidence to my innocence!" I said.

I heard yelling in the background. Jiyong's voice returned to my ear. "I'll be right there."

Ten minutes later, Jiyong burst into Appa YG's room, holding three shopping bags and a Starbucks cup. "

Let me see it," he instantly said, depositing the bags onto my lap and the cup onto the table. Appa YG handed him my phone. "I never sent this," Jiyong said, bewildered.

Appa YG replied, "Let me see your phone."

Jiyong slipped his phone out of his pocket and handed it to Appa YG. After 30 seconds of scrolling through Jiyong and my messages, Appa YG's eyebrows scrunched up in frustration. "It should be here..." he muttered.

Jiyong took the phone from Appa YG's fingers. "I told you, didn't I?"

"Well..." I said, "you can delete messages."

Jiyong and Appa YG looked at me as if I was mad. Jiyong shook his head in disbelief. "Are you saying I framed you? Oh my goodness, Mindy. Why would I ever do that?"

My eyes widened and I held up my hands in defense. "No! Oh my God, no. I'm not saying you framed me. I'm saying...someone else might have framed me," I protested.

Jiyong sat down next to me. "Well, I didn't have my phone when I supposedly sent that text."

"Who had it?" Appa YG asked.

"One of the staff members," Jiyong said. He picked up his coffee cup. "All of the other members left their phone with the staff too. It wouldn't be good if it went off during the press conference."

"Then...would it be one of the staffs...?" Appa YG stammered.

"That's absolutely absurd! We're all family."

"I know. It doesn't add up," Jiyong answered.

I sighed. "It doesn't matter. We'll just with the media saying it's a scratched out case."

"It doesn't solve anything," Jiyong told me.

I shrugged. "What can we do? The rings are where they belong. Who's hurt?"

Appa YG shook his head. "You are."

We stayed silent for a while. Appa YG was smart. He knew that because of the story that had gotten out, if I was to debut, it would be harder for me to achieve the attention and media I wanted.

Appa YG stretched out his arms. "I could simply hold a press conference to protect Mindy-sshi's name. It wouldn't clear up everything but it should do well enough."

"What are you going to say?" Jiyong asked.

"It's all a misunderstanding. Mindy-sshi was asked to give you to the rings and was accused wrongly," he answered.