Chapter 51

Allie

I open my eyes to the ceiling. Oddly enough, I feel someone on my chest, holding onto me for dear life. My head hurts and I'm naked. I trail my eyes to see that North is the one sleeping on me - then it hits me. We had sex last night. My eyes widen and a small anxiety attack hits me like a train. I cheated on Alix. I had sex with my ex and she basically works here; really good undeniable sex.

"North." I said softly.

She doesn't budge. She's basically dead on me, snoring lightly. I shouldn't wake her and I don't want to get into a conversation about us having sex. I don't want to make it too awkward. I slowly move away from North, edging off the bed carefully so I won't wake her. Her hands eventually slide off my body and hit the bed. She's wrapped in the sheets and now alone. I can't believe we actually went through with this.

I step around only to see that her robe is on the ground and so is my joggers and bra. I also spot my lavender strap-on, on the ground. It's curved and rigid in all the right places and soft. It's the right amount of feminine. My small red bottle of lube is next to it, standing straight up. We had a wild night.

I have work, a hangover and an explanation to give to Alix. I can just lie to her, but something in me isn't even letting me get away with that idea. I don't want to see her today. I can't. She'll be too busy with practice today anyway, it's the day before the game.

Shit. The day before the game! I can't tell her.

--

I slide my black sweatshirt sleeves up my arms. It's actually cold in my office for once. My grey sweatpants are helping with that though. My hair is down and I'm sure I look like a nervous wreck in the face. My phone vibrates in my pocket. It's only been a few hours since I left home. My first real appointment (not a walk in) isn't scheduled until another forty five minutes.

I quickly answer my phone without looking at the caller ID. I didn't even realize it until the cold screen of the phone actually hit my ear and I unconsciously spoke.

"Hello?" I said quietly.

"Allie." North said.

I bite my lip and keep quiet. I don't know what to say. Hopefully she didn't actually hear my first hello and hangs up.

"Allie you know we need to talk ..." She said softly.

I sighed heavily. "I don't know what happened last night."

"I know and ... we can just forget it ever happened. I should've never let you get that far. I was so out of it, I'm sorry." She said.

I scoffed. "We can't just forget that North. I was pile driving you with a strap-on alright, there's no forgetting that."

"Jesus Christ, you didn't have to say it like that Allie," She said. "You're making it sound like we're horny rabbits."

"How do I even begin to explain this to Alix? I can't even see her because my insides are falling apart," I said. "I can't avoid her forever. Tomorrow's the game and today is the day before the game!"

"Well what do you feel like doing?" She asked.

I look around my office. I feel like killing myself, that's what I feel like doing. She's never going to forgive me. She didn't trust me at first and now I know why. I proved her point and I don't deserve her.

"Allie?"

I snap out of my racing thoughts.

"What?" I said.