Chapter 3

Narrator

Allie was drunk, tossing stuff around in her room. All the posters of famous classic bands and naked girls watched as she slowly started to have a breakdown. This wasn't the first time the inanimate objects had witnessed the self-abuse.

Her black bed sheets and pillows were tossed on the right side of the room. Her small flat-screen TV on her large dresser remained untouched and intact. Allie sat in the middle of her bed, trying to make sense of her world. She could barely see straight, but she was aware of her surroundings.

Her hair was up in a messy bun and her plugs were out of her ears. Her lobes were droopy and thick, hanging free. She had on a burgundy tank top and basketball shorts that were black. She flopped back down onto her pillow-less bed trying to focus on not puking. The ceiling started to spin. Thank god she called in sick before she chugged half the bottle of vodka down.

Suddenly, Allie heard what sounded like knocking on her door. She managed to push herself up and scoot off the bed. She couldn't feel her feet anymore so she had a hard time getting to the door. Her right hand traced the hallway walls until she got to the door. The knocks sounded like earthquakes in Allie's ears.

"Who is it!?" she shouted rubbing her temples.

"It's Kendra..." she heard from the other side of the door.

Allie rolled her eyes and let out a small groan. She already wasn't in the greatest mood. She also didn't want to deal with Kendra's guilt trips. She forced herself to unlock the door and open it. Kendra peeked inside as Allie held the door close to her. Kendra already knew what Allie was up to. She knew her long enough to know almost her every move.

Kendra still had her work uniform on, except without the dirty liquor-stained apron. Allie looked her up and down, deciding to stop being stubborn. She pushed opened the door and held it as Kendra stepped inside with her arms folded.

"You're drunk," Kendra said looking down the hallway.

Allie shut the door and locked it. "Sure am."

"I spent the ten dollars for a cab here - do you mind if I stay the night?" Kendra turned to Allie.

"You can have the room. I'll sleep on the couch." Allie said, walking past Kendra.

"You're not gonna ask why I'm here?" Kendra followed her.

"I don't really care." Allie shrugged, wobbling down the hall.

Kendra grabbed Allie by her sides trying to keep her steady. "Don't you have work tomorrow?"

"Sure do," Allie replied. "I called out sick."

"How often do you call out sick? That takes out of your paycheck you know." Kendra said.

"I don't too often actually. I'm not off too often either, I deserve a sick day." Allie said turning the corner into her room.

Kendra sighed, letting Allie go. She looked around her room, not surprised why Allie gave it up so easily.

"Did you have another mosh pit in here?" Kendra asked, closing the room door behind her.

"Nope." Allie sighed, plopping down on her bed.

"Well I've been thinking about your offer... ever since you left the bar," Kendra said quietly.

Allie licked her lips. "Don't force yourself to think about it if you don't want to."

"I'm thinking about it because, for once, you're right. It would be easier on the both of us despite our past..." Kendra admitted.