1}~ Toast and Hunger Games

Joe's P.O.V.

Summer was ending. And with it my freedom.

One more day then I was back to university, every week until Christmas.

I had no idea what I would spend my last enjoyable day doing. My sister, Netty, was still in bed. We shared a tiny two bedroom apartment 20 minutes walk from my our uni. I still had to put a video up today, as my channel needed another one for this week.

YouTube was the reason I was excluded from all the different groups at uni. The cool ones, the sporty ones, the stuck up snotty ones, the emos, the geeks, the nerds. Everyone. People thought that because I spent most of my time falling through the deep, dark hole known as the Internet, that I wasn't fit for any real life things, like friendships, relationships, parties and clubs.

I slunk out of my bed, or as Netty calls it, my pit, and headed for the door. I stumbled over to the kitchen, and made myself some tea and toast. And more toast. And more. And more.

I heard a sigh behind me, and turned to see Netty in the door way.

"You didn't have to eat a whole loaf of bread you know."

"I know. But I did."

"Are you worried about going back tomorrow?"

"Take a wild guess."

"You don't have to be sarcastic and snappy just cause your in a bad mood."

"Try telling that to my bad mood. He thinks he knows better."

She made her way over to one of the cupboards, pulled out a box of cereal, a bowl, a spoon, then some milk from the fridge, and started eating her breakfast.

As I got up to leave, Netty said, "Make sure you put some clean clothes on if your going to go anywhere." I looked down at my self to see I was just wearing a grubby white t-shirt and boxers.

Once back in my room, I put on some trackies and a hoody, then sat down at my desk.

Screw videos, I can't be bothered filming one today.

I turned on my computer, and logged onto The Emerald Isle. I loved Hunger Games, so I entered a round with about ten other people, and we played again and again and again.

We started to talk in the chat. They seemed like pretty decent people.

Stampylongnose: You are too good a shot!

iBallisticsquid: I try lol

Rosie833: No I died!

Fearadubh: That was for trying to kill me!

Rosie833: It's not fair I was doing good!

Fearadubh: I know this is a pretty gold chest plate

Rosie833: hey!

Sqaishey: Now now guys break it up!

Rosie833: but he killed me!

Salemslady: that's the aim of hunger games Rosie

Finnba11: yeah Rosie

Amylee33: yeah Rosie

Stampylongnose: yeah Rosie

Sketchasaurus: yeah Rosie

Rosie833: ok guys I think I understand now!

Tomahawk: good

iBallisticsquid: hey guys, could we Skype?

I thought it was a good idea, so I sent them my Skype and then a few minutes later received requests from the others. I gladly accepted them, and one by one ten people's faces popped up on screen. It was a bit awkward at first, but we all said hello and tried to be polite.

"Ok, um... How about we say a bit about ourselves? I'll go first. My name is David, but you can call me Squid. I am 20 and I am a gardener." This was the man with scruffy mud-blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. He spoke with a very northern, Yorkshire accent.

"I am also 20, my name is Joe, I work part time as a bar man and am doing a film studies course at uni." I didn't know what else to say about myself, I'm not that interesting. "Oh, yeah, and I am a complete loner with no friends."

"Oh. Well then. I am called Tom, I am 21 and David's older brother." The man who spoke this time had the same hair and eyes as David, yet he looked much taller and not as muscular.

Then there was Nicole, who was 19 and who loved dinosaurs and spiders and all that sort of stuff, as well as art.

And Amy, who was 18 and loved fairies and unicorns and everything girly.

And Salem, who was Amy's sister.

And Rosie.

And Finn.

And Ash.

And Lee.

And then a beautiful girl named Beth, who was 17. I was amazed by how cute she was, I couldn't help but stare. Her nickname was Sqaishey, after her hamster , and she loved music and singing. She was Nicole's little sister (just pretend!!!) but they didn't sound a thing alike. Then she said she was adopted when she was 10 by Nicole's family. I felt kind of sorry for her, as she didn't really have any parents of her own.

Yet there was something about her, something I recognised, yet something that was new.

Then Netty decided to open my door, snapping me out of my thoughts and demand to know who I was talking to.

I sighed and said, "This is my little sister Annette, who is at university with me. Sadly she does not share my love of video games and instead prefers to do what ever it is she does that fills the gap in her heart that is there from no games."

"We're twins, Joe, you're not older than me." Netty replied.

"Yes I am Annette, and you know it."

"Yeah, by half an hour!!!"

She came and sat on the edge of my seat and said hi. I saw her staring at Tom, and a little flicker of amusement flickered in my head. I could have so much fun with this.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hello! Welcome to the end of the first ever chapter of the first book I've ever written on Wattpad!

I hope you like it, and don't hate if there are any grammar mistakes or if it is absolutely shit. Tell me if it's shit and I will try my best to unshittify it, but I will make no promises! Also sorry it's so short, I am just getting into the flow, but they will get longer I might promise!

Ok.

Bye.

Ok.

My name is Rebecca btw.

Ok.

Bye.

Ok.