Chapter 8- We'll See

Sanaya's P.O.V :

"Is everything alright Mr. Eustis?"I asked as I set his coffee down on the desk in front of him. Today was the final day of the one week deadline he had placed on me and I'd been extra careful to reach office ten minutes before time. But I hadn't exactly expected Lancelin Eustis to look this exhausted and worried.

His shirt, which was the same he'd been wearing last night when I left him, was unbuttoned halfway down his chest, revealing porcelain white skin with a few scattered hair. His hair was in a disarray as if he'd run his hands through them multiple times. But despite that, he still managed to look drop dead gorgeous and I could not be more envious for it. If only I could have that sexy bed hair...But most of all, his cabin looked like a tornado had passed through here. "Did a thief break in?" I asked, worried that that just might be the problem.

"What?" Lancelin looked like he'd just woken up from a stupor. "No...I was just looking for something..." He looked around the room as if noticing it for the first time. Then he looked at his watch and picked up his coffee cup.

"Sir, I hope you don't mind me saying this, but I think you need sleep more than you need coffee." The words were out before I could help myself and I began to curse myself for it mentally the second it was out.

But today, Lancelin Eustis seemed to have sworn to surprise me in every aspect. Not only did the always perfect head of Reefwood seem thoroughly unkempt for the first time, he actually put down his coffee mug and said, "You're right, I need a power nap. Arrange everything back in order while I go take a power nap."

He got up from his chair and took the jacket he'd slung on the back of his chair and began walking towards the back of the cabin where there was the least bit of mess and a patch was left cleared just between two file cabinets.

"Sir-"I began but then Lancelin put in a password on the security panel I hadn't noticed until now and a secret door opened that, from what I could peak inside, led to a huge hall with only one large couch in sight. Lancelin then turned back to me and I had to force myself to stop snooping. "See this red button here," he said pointing at the same security panel, "Press it after 2 hours approximately. I should be up by then. And remember to take notes if you get any important calls."

"Yes Sir." I said as he went inside and shut the door behind him. "Well..." I turned back to the devastated room. "Let's get to work shall we?"

But before I could, the office phone began ringing. Leaving the files I'd gather from the floor in a neat pile, I went over to Lancelin's desk and answered the call. "Reefwood HQ. How may I help you?"

"Sanaya? Where's Lance?"

"Acelin!" I was surprised he'd call the office landline when he could just call Lancelin's cell phone directly. "Well...Lancelin just went to bed for a couple hours, I think its best if you let him rest unless it's an emergency."

"Why? Is everything alright?" Damn! Now I've gotten him worried.

"No! I mean, yes! Everything's alright, it's just that..." I sighed as I took another look at around the room; if possible, it looked worse than before. "His cabin's a mess. I think he's been working all night."

I heard Acelin chuckle over the line. "That sounds just like my brother. Okay then, since he's unavailable, can you please tell him that our sister has asked him over for lunch today? Tell him to get here by noon, she doesn't like to wait. And it'd be great if you can join us. She would be glad to meet you." With that, he hung up, leaving me a tad speechless.

Acelin and Lancelin's sister? I think no one has ever, ever, talked about their parents, least of all a sister. No paparazzi has ever been able to neither get their names nor have I ever heard Acelin, least of all Lancelin even casually mention their names or...them, as a matter of fact. And now Acelin wants me to come to a family lunch?