False Answers

Liz's Point of View

"Uh..Um, hey Liz...How are you?"

"Don't pull this innocent crap on me." I threatened.

"Um, It was somethings about Dembe." You could hear him tapping his pen in the background.

"Thank you, by the way how are you and your lady?" I asked putting on a brave voice. It killed me to talk to him. Red liked him so much. Liz stop don't think about it!

"We're good, can you keep a secret?" He asked whispering.

I nodded, "Yeah."

"I'm going to propose soon." He says giddily.

I bit my lip trying not to cry, even though I was truly happy for the two of them. "That's great! I think it would be quite hilarious if she actually proposed to you."

He laughed, "Hey! I'm not that much of a wimp." He says with fake hurt.

"Okay, it was nice talking to you two. Call me back once you find anything." I asked of him.

"Sure thing Liz, we miss you. Maybe you could go ring shopping with me? Personally I don't want Don to come with me..." He nervously chuckled.

"Yeah, that'd be disastrous. Well I'll catch up with you guys soon. Ask Cooper how he's doing for me . And maybe put some flowers by Meera's grave? If that's not to much to ask?"

"Y-yeah." His voiced cracked. "Alright we'll talk to you soon."

I felt like dying, Aram had always looked up to her. "Bye." And I hung up.

The Dembe thing didn't seem real, the last time he was in D.C with his family. Of course he's lying? A dang Fed should know that! I bit my lip and went to the safe in the spare bedroom.

9.23.13 (can anybody recognize this number, or date...?)

I pulled them out one by one, sifting through the ones about Red. After an hour of looking of hopeless files....Nothing, nothing tying him to Washington. Jesus! What could possibly bring him here? It could possibly be you! I scoffed at my idea, stupid...just plain stupid...But, my love wasn't platonic for him, it was far from that.

I heaved myself off the floor deciding to actually do something. Picking out jeans and a sweatshirt I grabbed my keys and drove to the farmers market.

"Morning Elizabeth!" The old cashier chirped. I nodded respectfully at the woman heading towards the produce section. I was picking out strawberries when I saw something, or should I say someone pass me that looked familiar.