Chapter #20

Aaaaaaaaand we're slowly getting there. 😂❤️👌🏻

Much love you fabulous people.
I can sympathize whole heartedly with the annoying ness of having to wait for new chapters. They will get longer.

Andy's p.o.v-

Something wasn't right. I could sense it. The feeling consumed me. And no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't read a single thought that passed through Crystals mind.

Not even anything simple like, I'm hungry.

And it wasn't even like I was trying to pry. Yes she was the love of my life but that didn't mean that she shouldn't have her privacy. We were perfectly fine when I had no idea what was going on inside her mind. I liked it better that way to be honest.

When we went to the gym to train that evening, she purposely picked Ace to go against and she got her a*ss handed to her. I hated watching so I had to step outside. Something was off. Something was really bothering her.

She was hiding something from me and I intended to find out what it was.

¥

It was now Thursday and we were flying out to New York tonight. Everyone was all packed so we decided to head to the gym for one more training lesson before we left.

I didn't complain or say anything and watched as this time, she picked Ace and then kicked his a*ss.

Alaric thought it was funny but Ace was definitely a sore loser. I couldn't help but laugh at his angry grunting noises and slew of curses.

As Crystal was getting out of the ring I noticed a new ring on her finger. It was on her right ring finger. I had never seen her wear that in our entire relationship. I had in fact never seen her in possession of it during our entire relationship.

Funny thing was, I didn't even have to ask Alaric what kind of ring that was. I already knew. He had given one to his witch friend centuries ago as a sign of his trustworthiness.

It was a ring that stopped others from being able to invade your mind. No wonder Crystal seemed like such a blank slate to me right now.

She was hiding something. She didn't think I'd know what that ring was, I'm guessing Alaric and Ace hadn't seen it or they would have said something, I'm always watching Crystal so it didn't slip my attention. And better yet, where did she find it? Alaric told me they were rare nowadays and hard to come by. Both royal families had a few but that was all that was left.

He wouldn't give her one behind my back would he? I couldn't believe that. We were all on the same side. He knew how important Crystal and I's connection was. Especially for her safety.

How in the hell was I going to confront her about it? I needed to get inside her head to understand the full truth. I never pegged Crystal as one to lie to me. Did she not feel safe with me anymore?

I shook off the feeling as Crystal and I stepped out of Alaric's car in our driveway.

"We will pick both of you up in 5 hours to head to the airport. See you soon."

As soon as I was in the house with Crystal, I picked her up bridal style. She giggled.

"What are you doing silly?" She said as she pushed her face into my neck. My whole body erupted in chills.

"I want you. In the shower first." With lightning speed I was up the stairs and walking into the bathroom.

Her face immediately moved from one emotion to the next. Surprised, excited, nervous, anxious, hesitant. I wasn't prepared for it.