Chapter 1, The Nightly-Double

So, I went to the drive in with Pony and Johnny, it was real fun. I met this real cute broad, Cherry something-or-other, man was she pretty with her long red hair slightly blowing in the breeze and her sparkling green eyes. I tried to pick her up, y'know the usual way "Is this your real red hair?" "how can I find out if this is the same red hair you have on your... these eyebrows here?". I could hear Johnny tellin me to "Knock it off" or "Leave her alone", I ignored him and kept talkin to Cherry. She must've gotten tired of me, because I offered her a drink and she yelled "Get lost, hood!". "Hood", the little broad called me a hood, she had the guts to do that, call me, Dallas Winston, a hood. I left and got 4 cokes, one for Ponyboy, one for Marcia, one for Cherry, and one for me, Johnny had already got up and got one while I was talkin to Cherry. I handed Cherry hers, as I sat next to her I said "Here, I thought this might cool you off" and put my cigarette in my mouth. She must have been real mad cuz not 10 seconds later she splashed her soda in my face. I thought to myself "alright fine, you wanna be mad, I will make you mad.". I grabbed her shoulders and said "Fiery, huh? Just the way I like 'em". I went to kiss her, but she fought back, pushin me away and tellin me to "get off". I hear Johnny say "Hey, leave her alone Dal." he had his hand on my shoulder. That kid had some guts talkin to me like that, I wanted to beat him, right then and there, but I could never hit Johnny, he's like my little brother. It sure did surprise me when he stood up to me like that, I had gotten pretty mad. I got up and walked off, glaring at the ground, I got told to "Cool it" and "Sit down" by a few people, I just looked up and glared. Now im sitting in the lot, writing about it. That little broad sure does hate me though. I'm not 100% sure why she does. Its probably because i'm some "Filthy greaser" that just got out of jail.