Kozume Kenma x Reader

You hum to yourself as you make your way to your boyfriends classroom after class were over, you were a little bummed when you didn't get the same class but your gloominess went away when you realized your classrooms were right next to each other. You open the door and walk in dodging random bystanders and making your way to the familiar dyed hair, only to see him conversing with someone.

You knew the introverted setter wasn't usually one to make conversation easily so this made you a bit curious.

Upon closer inspection you realized they were bother huddled over a game Kenma was playing.

"See the trick is to hit his sides and avoid his mouth." The new person says to which Kenma nods and probably does as told.

As you approach you look at the screen to see a dead creature and the word winner flashing on the screen.

"Hey Kenma." You smile and he turns to you, smiling softly as he says hi himself, "Whos this?" you ask looking to the person beside you.

"Hi!" The person says and you now realize it's a girl with short, black, choppy hair and an air about her that just screams friendly and cheerful, 

"I'm Yuki Ayako, I just got transferred here." with that she holds a hand out for you to shake while the other holds a paused screen of her IPhone.

"I'm [l/n] [f/n], I'm from the class next door," You say shaking her hand, "It's nice to meet you. Whatcha playin?" You ask peeking to see the screen more clearly.

"Oh! Mortal Kombat X!" She says cheerfully showing you the screen where it shows a person named Johnny Cage, "Wanna watch?" She questions and you being a little curious to what it is decide to do so.

Of course you've heard of Mortal Kombat but you've never really seen it played before. You heard it could be quite gruesome sometimes.

You watch as she presses buttons that seem completely random to you until all of a sudden the screen looks like it's doing stuff on it own, and her character sticks both of his hands into the chest of his opponent and rips it to where there's a gaping hole in the other guys chest. You watch in horror as the man sticks his head to peek through the hole.

"Here's Johnny!" You hear the guy say and Yuki laughs lightly as the now defeated opponent is tossed to the ground.

"That's my favorite of all the fatalities." She says turning to you to see your face, in turn she with holds a laugh.

"T that's a little brutal." You say and she nods.

You tend to lean more towards the less violent games like 'Love Live!'. You sat there for a couple more rounds watching her pull off different fatalities for different characters, disgusted but oddly enough you couldn't tear your eyes away.

"Hey do you guys want to go to that new gaming center that just opened up?" Yuki asks and you're a little hesitant.

"I got a lot of home work to do..." You say rubbing your arm sheepishly and she pouts a little before looking to Kenma.

"Hm, I guess. There's a new game I've been wanting to buy..." He trails off before looking to you.

He continues to stare at you, and all you do is blink back at him.

~

It was a little odd... Kenma and Yuki seem to be hanging out a lot... not that you were jealous... definitely not jealous.

Okay maybe a little.

But Kenma doesn't usually branch out and make new friends, so you don't want to confront him about it. Especially if he is having fun.

You release a sigh, plopping down on the bench as you watch the boy warm up for practice.

"What's with that face?" Kuroo questions, sitting beside you as he's already been warmed up.

Being the girlfriend of his best friend, you've grown accustomed to Kuroo. More often than not you've come to him for love advice.

"Nothing... nothing at all." You reply.

"Really?" he asks, dragging out the last syllable and you narrow your eyes at the captain, "Hey have you met that girl Kenma has been hanging around lately?"

"You mean Yuki?" you ask, sound a little more bitter than you intend to, Kuroo raises an eyebrow at your tone and you wince knowing what's to come.

"So that's why you look so sour today..." He grins, "You're jealous."

"I don't want to be." You say solemnly, turning your head, to avoid his gaze, "Do you know how to make this stop?" you question clenching the fabric that covers your chest.

"Talk to him, tell him how you're feeling." He says simply.

"Easier said than done," You pout, "I don't want him to loose a friend he made himself."

"Kenma isn't a shallow person, I don't think he'd stop being friends with someone because he was asked to."

When he finishes talking a whistle resonates around the gym, indicating that your chit chat is over.

~

"So you're jealous of Yuki?" Kenma questions after you decided to tell him how you're feeling.

"I don't wanna be," You mumble looking at your hands as you play with them, "You've just been hanging around her a lot."

"[f/n]," He says putting his hands on your shoulders making you look at him, "You're they only one I like, and want to be with."

"I- I know." you exhale, giving him a hug, "I love you."

"I love you two." He replies returning the hug and kissing the side of your head.

~

"Besides you have nothing to be jealous about." He says.

"Hm?"

"Yeah, you don't have to worry about me." A higher voice says causing your to turn towards where the voice came from, to see Yuki from on top of the stairs leaning over the rail.

"Y Yuki?!" You squeak.

"Ah sorry, I kind of overheard your conversation." She says clasping her hands together and bowing slightly, "but you don't have anything to worry about." she reassures.

"What do you mean?" You ask.

"Yuki doesn't like guys like that." Kenma explains.

"What?" You ask confused, "Oh! You like girls!" You say and she shines you a peace sign.

"Though, I was crushing on [f/n] and I only now find out that you're taken." She pouts, "Oh well that just means I'll have to try harder~"

With that she just hops up the stairs, humming to herself while Kenma squeezes you to himself harder, as if saying 'Not in this lifetime'.

~

I've been so lazy lately. I apologize again for the slow updates, homework just sucks. School sucks. Plus it's really tiresome. 

In one of my classes we go out  and film the football games every Friday, so once football is over (5 weeks minimum) I should be updating more often.