Chapter 11: Excuses

"So much for keeping it a secret."

Clint rubbed his face as he watched the Avenger's official twitter feed blow up with tweets linked to him and Pietro being together. Message after message came zooming in, some in Sokovian, but most in English. Clint read each one out loud to the other, cringing at a couple.

"How did this get out?" Pietro asked, scratching his head. "Did you tell them?"

"Why would I tell them? I was the one who wanted to keep it a secret. If anything, there's only one person who I know could have done this..."

"Tony."

They both spat the name in unison as Pietro scooped Clint up and they dashed to the billionaire's room. That's how they got around now, Clint holding on to Pietro like a big, muscular baby. The other didn't mind. It was much faster that way, and he didn't have to wait for Clint to huff up the steps.

"Tony!" Clint burst into the room right as Stark stepped out of the bathroom. Steam filled the room, and a towel was laying on the floor. A small puddle of water pooled at his feet.

Tony was naked.

Clint screamed.

"Whoa! Ever heard of knocking?!" Tony yelled and grabbed the towel, wrapping it around his waist. "I'm covered," he snapped, rolling his eyes. "What can I do for you two lovebirds?"

"We wanted to keep it a secret, Stark. How you found out, I don't know, but it wasn't your business to tell everyone," the archer bit out. "You can't just do that."

"Sure I can. I can do whatever I want, bird boy, that's how it works. I'm Iron Man, after all. But how I found out was when I checked my security cameras and saw you two kiss each other goodnight yesterday. Any idiot could see that you two were in looooove," he drawled. "I just thought Pietro's "fans" should know about it."

"We still never gave you permission to out us like that."

"Listen, I get it. You're mad. I'll delete the post, but the knowledge won't go away. People know now. Big deal. Saves you the trouble, honestly. Asides from that, you two have a date in... 4 hours. Go get ready."

"What?" Pietro muttered, stepping forward from behind Clint. "We never planned a date."

"Exactly. I did. You two, moonlight sonatas playing, small portions for big prices, a little ballroom, it'll be great. I got you two reservations for the Military Ball down in Times Square. It'll be great, I promise. You two, however, need to suit up and look pretty. Have fun!" Tony chirped and disappeared behind the bathroom door. Clint stopped himself from throwing his weight against it to get in. He was too afraid that Tony would be nude again. He shuddered.

Never did he want to see so much of Stark again.

"So, um..." Pietro said, suddenly nervous. A date? Unplanned? It had taken him 3 days to perfect the other one, and it had still gone a little off the rails. This was just so sudden.

Not that he was complaining or anything. Any chance to see Clint in a suit was a chance he wasn't going to pass up.

"I'm going to go shower as well," Clint swallowed, shuffling out the door after giving Pietro a quick kiss on the cheek. Pietro nodded and left soon after.

He had to find Wanda.

While the runner searched for his sister, Clint hustled to exactly where he knew Natasha would be. She was relaxing in a hammock that had been set up between a balcony and the windows of the tower. Essentially, it gave the illusion that she was floating above and away from the tower.