Chapter 2

I was walking my way home alone. Chigusa had some important matters to do, so I went home without her. We always went home together since we lived our house near to each other. As I walked down the quiet empty street, my phone vibrated inside my pocket. When I opened my phone, I saw I got a text message from my brother.

"Where the hell are you?! If I see you, I'm goint to kill you at once!!"

Wh-what the..? Why would onii-chan send me a text message like this? I felt so nervous and confused at thesame time. Did I do something wrong? No, I didn't took his stupid lucky item today, 'cause I haven't listened to Oha-Asa this morning. Yeah, I love playing little pranks on my brother by hiding his lucky item of the day. Sssh!

And all of a sudden, I saw a guy running towards me. He was running so fast, that he bumped me and I fell on my butt. He saw me as I fell on the ground, and he quickly helped me out.

"I'm sorry, are you okay?"

He apologized to me as soon as he helped me stand up. I looked at him, and I noticed he wore thesame school uniform as my brother. He's probably a student of Shuutoku High, I guess.

"Hey.. You look so familiar.." he said as he stared at me in a weird way. I blushed a bit, then drew myself away from him, as I noticed that the guy standing infront of me is shorter than me. I felt so awkward.

"There you are!!!"

It was my brother. He looked so furious as he appeared infront of us so suddenly. I was so surprised, and so with this weird guy standing infront of me. I stayed still until my brother finally noticed me.

"Makoto..?" he said as he widened his eyes. "What are you doing with that guy?!" he asked me angrily. I have no idea what my brother was talking about. As a response, I made a grumpy look on my face and talked back to him immediately. "I was jus on my way home when suddenly this stupid guy bumped against me!" I exclaimed. The weird guy, who just bumped onto me a while ago, looked at us cluelessly. Finally, he spoke. "You know this girl, Shin-chan..?" he asked my brother. My brother just snobbed him, and as I heard what this guy called my brother, I laughed really hard. SO LAME!! That's what this guy call my brother? 'Shin-chan'? Ha-ha. It's sounded so weird and lame that I suddenly burst myself into laugher. I can't help it.

"Shut up, Makoto!" he yelled at me. I slowly stopped laughing, then took a glance at my stupid brother who was staring at me in a stupid way with his stupid green eyes behind those stupid framed glasses. His face was heating up in shade of red. He looked so cute.. And stupid! Duh.

I gently smiled, then suddenly remembered about the text message. I took out my phone, and showed my brother his text message he sent to me a while ago. "By the way, what do you mean by this, Shin-chan?" I asked him, at thesame time, teased him. He groaned due to annoyance, then spoke up. "It was just a wrong sent message. It was for this guy." he said as he pointed out the guy next to me. "By the way, Takao.." he faced the weird guy. The guy responded to my brother by giving him a scared look on his face. And he was also shaking, like he saw some kind of ghost or something. "I know you were the one who hid my pink towel." my brother said. Wait, his pink towel?! I was about to laugh again, but then, the guy next to me reached out something from his bag and threw it at my brother's face.

"It's really embarassing hanging around with you, while that stupid pink towel of yours hanging on your neck. You know that?" the guy said. "Hmph, but I never asked you to be with me. It's not like I need you to be with me all day. It's better if you're not around, you're annoying anyway." my brother replied to the guy. "Prepare for your burial, Takao."

The guy looked at my brother again with a shocked expression on his face. "B-but Shin-chan! I returned it to you!" he said. "Do you know how many meters I ran just to chase after you?! You idiot!" my brother exclaimed at the guy as he hit him on his head.

Speaking of that guy, just who he is? He didn't even told me his name, and he appears to be my brother's friend but my brother didn't introduced him to me. Hmph, anyway, he's just another weirdo. I'm not that interested in him anyway. And just about what I thought right now, the guy faced me again and made a stupid grin on his face.

"I'm Takao Kazunari. I'm sorry again for bumping you awhile ago." he said. Man, he looked so stupid. I was about to ignore him, when suddenly my brother grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the opposite direction from where we were.

"Hey, Shin-chan! We're not finished talking!" he said as he chased the two of us. "Quit fooling around my little sister, Takao." my brother stopped and faced the guy with his angry face. "Ohh." the guy said with his stupid and weird expression on his face again. "Just as I thought, she was your sister.. I see..." he uttered those words as if he was thinking about something as weird as his facial expression. "What." my brother said.

The guy came running towards me and smiled at me again. "Shin-chan~ Why didn't you tell me that you got a cute little sister? Introduce me to her, pleaaaaase~?" he said.

Is he a pervert?! That's what I thought. As I got annoyed by him, I ignored him by turning back and hid behind my brother's back. "Will you quit it?!" my brother exclaimed towards him. The guy pouted, as he made an annoyed expression on his face.

"You're so mean, Shin-chan. I just wanted to be friends with your little sis. And besides, we're bestfriends!"

"Go home, Takao. You're annoying."

"Shin-chaaa~n!"

"Shut up!"

Then we left after we ignored that guy. Due to curiosity, I finally asked my brother about him while we walked our way home. "Just who was that guy, nii-chan?" I questioned him. "He's just my teammate in the basketball club. Why do you ask?"

His teammate in basketball club, huh.. My thoughts deepened as I started thinking about that guy. "What was his name again?" I asked my brother again.

"Takao Kazunari". he replied. "Don't tell me you like him" he said as he stopped walking and looked at me in a serious expression. "No!" I quickly responded. "Why would I like a guy like him? I was just asking! Don't get the wrong idea!"

My brother didn't say anything, and continued walking until we reached our home.

That night, I felt completely strange. I don't know how should I explain it, all I know was I kept on thinking about that weird guy I just met this day. I sat on my bed and started to unravel my braids, still thinking about this strange feelings.. But why? He's a basketball player, and I hate basketball players. Well, except for my brother. Since that incident that happened back in my middle of second year, I started hating basketball. Urgh, can I just stop myself for thinking about things like this? I HATE BASKETBALL.