Chapter 2

Beca wasn't feeling well. Why do they keep asking about my intimate stuff? Why do I care anyway? I've been with Jesse for three years... they're my friends but I don't want to talk about him! "I need fresh air." She said, obviously annoyed, as getting up to walk out. Walking past behind Chloe she could hear the last verse of what seemed to be Titanium. That actually made her feel more angst.

Ok Beca, what's wrong with you? Since the school year started you've been weird, even weirder than usual. She had found a rustic bench to sit on, next to the entrance of the dining hall. Talking to herself was the only thing she could do now, otherwise her head would explode. I mean, I'm desperate to move on after the Bellas are over... I'm actually using that job as an excuse to spend time away from them! Also away from Jesse... what's wrong with Jesse? Her phone let out a sound in that moment and she checked the new message:

Hey Becs! You forgot to let me know you got there safe. What are you doing?

Ugh, Jesse. Why am I even pissed at you? You're sweet and kind and a good guy and a great friend... She shook her thoughts away. Things with Jesse had been awesome the first year... then they went back to good friends with some intimate rights... What am I doing?

The rest of the Bellas walked out and she joined them towards their tent.

The tent was as uncomfortable as it can get, considering 10 women had to fit in it to spend the night. Dammit Aubrey! As if my mood could get worse tonight. 90% of the air we're breathing in here... ewww! Beca found herself sharing the disgusting discovery out loud. Her thoughts were blurting out of her mouth because her head was still full of stuff. There was music, annoyance, Jesse, and lots of red hair. Chloe was next to her now, but Beca was still missing her. She was used to having the redhead attached to her hip all the time, and seriously all the time. Actually her friend would crash in her room almost every day, since Amy either had a date or wanted to sleep alone. "You're my best friend DJ but you mumble weird things in your sleep and I can't enjoy my hot dreams, I'm sorry it's not personal" The Aussie had told her. "Besides you aca-bitches are cool together, you smile more" she had added, talking about Beca and Chloe. It was true that the two women were really close and Chloe was the only one in history being able to trespass Beca's defensive walls. Damn, she even let Red cuddle with her in bed whenever she started mumbling incoherently in her sleep! That was the most comforting thing ever. Nobody could know, of course, she had a badass reputation to keep. For now she had to keep her distance though, until she could find out how to tell her friend about the job.

Amy left the tent for a toilet emergency and Chloe immediately turned on her side looking for Beca. The brunette instinctively did the same. Her thoughts had been going on: Of course Jesse could trespass her walls too... in a way? "What are we doing?" she asked, remembering the guy's question with anger.

Chloe's answer came with a sweet smile "We're bonding" offering a back rub to release tension and kindly reaching out to take a strand of hair from her friend's face. Even upside down you look so beautiful... She thought, feeling a punch in her stomach when the brunette automatically shook her hand off. Beca blurted out something about several body parts rubbing her back right now, with a so-not-nice "thank you" What's going on? I miss her touch and then I push her away?

Chloe Beale does not give up "You know, Beca? We're very close but I feel like this retreat is gonna let us discover everything about each other" the redhead attacked again. She smiled triumphantly when she saw her defenseless friend only being able to answer "Is that right?" and swallow hard.

Defense is open, now throwing the bomb. "You know? One of my biggest regrets is that I didn't do enough experimenting in college"

"You're so weird" Fuck, Chloe what does that even mean?

"Thanks" Chloe answered to that, with a new triumphant smile on her face.

"I wanna go home" Beca stated, while turning on her other side, confused. Why is this girl always confusing me? Why is she so open with me? I am not a good friend, I don't deserve her trust. She closed her eyes trying to shut out her thoughts but it was impossible because Lilly decided it would be normal and fun to lick her nose...

Arms folded and resting on her back again, Beca was ready to say nothing could go worse. That was until Amy asked for help with her emergency and Chloe started to sing. Great! Awesome! Fantastic! It wasn't enough with her eyes and her face and her hair confusing my head, now I get her voice too! Fucking great! Beca thought, covering her ears.

"I'm all out of faith, this is how I feel..." Chloe sang, without thinking. At least saying it out loud helped soothing her heart a bit.

.................................................................

Beca was mumbling in her sleep again. She was upset, confused, tired and uncomfortable, how was she supposed to sleep well? Chloe sat up and looked around. Of course she was the only one hearing Beca's agitated estate because she was closest to her. Also the rest of the girls seemed to be sleeping deeply. Flo had rolled to the corner of the tent while Lilly was curled up like a ball. Stacie must have been having a pleasant dream, cause Cynthia Rose was spooning her and she seemed to have no problem with that at all. Chloe smirked before looking to the other side. Amy had come back to the tent about an hour ago, feeling better and automatically fell asleep in the weird position she first adopted. Emily was sound asleep with a book held over her chest while Jessica and Ashley had fallen asleep facing each other, hands linked. Awwww! Thought Chloe, and returned her attention to Beca. She knew exactly what Beca needed and without a second thought the redhead stood up and walked the two steps separating her from the brunette. CR had gotten really close to Stacie so there was plenty of space for Chloe to fit behind Beca and wrap an arm around her waist. Feeling her friend relax under her touch and drift into a peaceful dream, the co-captain of the Bellas nuzzled her face closer to the brown hair and smiling widely embraced the feeling.

..............................

Beca had a warm feeling, dreaming of a picnic near the lake on a sunny day... and suddenly whistles startled her. What the...!? WHAT THE HELL!? She felt an arm sliding from her waist to her hip and getting lost behind her. Chloe. She thought, and couldn't help giggling when she heard a yawn and something like "Pleaslemmesleepfiminutemore" coming from the ginger behind her.

"Up and at it Bellas, come on! Let's go let's go! Let's wake up, let's do this!" Aubrey's voice could be heard in the whole complex, Beca was sure of that. The girls jumped to their feet and got out of the tent as quickly as they could cause they knew that way the yelling was going to end faster. Everybody was too sleepy to notice Chloe leaving the tent after Beca, even when she was originally sleeping closer to the entrance. If they did notice though, they didn't seem to care. The brunette let out a sigh and a smile. She was still the badass DJ everybody knew and she wasn't that close to losing her best friend after all... This day can be a good one!