Chapter 28-mistake (clairs pov)

I'm sorry. That is all it read. I questioned what to answer to it. I replayed it all in my mind. Every little thing he did but nothing came to mind. What was Alex sorry for?

"For what?" I quickly responded to his text. Everything was good between us. Well at least I thought it was.

" how I treated you was unfair. Only reason I did any of it was well, I am in love with you." I stood there stunned as I retread the message a bunch of times to see if I read it right.

"I have a boyfriend..." I replied. Sheepishly.

"So? Dump him! He doesn't love you like me. You are beautiful in every single way." He answered causing me to blush. I was so glad he couldn't see me or I would have died of embarriment.

"But, I like him." I continued.

"Trust me. He doesn't love you." I stood there stunned again. Was it true? He never told me he did.

"I don't know what to do." I thought.

"Dump him. I am the one you want to be with. I am the one who will always make you happy." He pleaded.

"How?" I asked confused.

"Do it now!" He insisted.

"No!" I argued.

"We'll, than send me a picture. If you send it, that means the person you love is me." He concluded. No. Never. But, he did care. I never felt like that with Dustin. Wait! What was I thinking? Dustin cared.

"Dustin will never find out." He added. I thought a little harder and went to the mirror.

"When you say picture do you mean like you know....." I asked hoping he meant of my face.

"No clothes full body." He stated sending me shivers down my back. Was I really going to do this? To the best friend of my boyfriend I was going to send a picture? What would Dustin think? But what if he never finds out. I went to the bathroom taking off my clothes. I walked over to the full body mirror and clicked the button. I scanned the photo. Then, I remembered I had one already of me in a swimsuit.

"Hey" crossed my phone from Jamie. Not now. I exited the message.

"Will a swimsuit pic work?" I asked hopeful. Suddenly, I my phone lit up and I froze.

"What?" Jamie's text appeared. My mind flashed.

"Just a joke with an old friend." I lied hastily.

"Okay then?"she replied. I knew I would hear about this later.

"Beautiful, are you still there?" Alex's text popped on the screen.

"Yeah, hold on." I answered checking twice to make sure it sent to Alex. I walked to the bathroom and undid my clothes snapping a picture and taking a deep breathe. I couldn't believe what I did until it was to late.

"I love you baby." Alex texted. Was I really doing this? Was I seriously going to throw Dustin and I's relationship over a picture?

"This was a mistake. No one can know about this!" I concluded quickly.

"What?" He asked confused.

"This was a mistake. I love Dustin." I replied.

"Whatever" he texted back.

"I am serious." I pleaded.

"No one will know even though I should tell them I won't." He answered.

"I got to go." I replied. This was a mistake. It was only a matter of time before it got out. This was a mistake..... A big,big mistake.....