Chapter 43- The End of The New (Clair's POV)

I feel like this how we see life. You are born, you go and do what your told. Go to school. Be a good girl. Get good grades so you can go to college. You go off tp college, get a job, find love, and  get married. After that comes kids and we watch them grow up. Then the inevitable death. Only bad part you ask? WHat is so wrong with that? The flaw with life is not everyone follows the normal. SOme of us never grow up. Our whole lives we seem to be working for the future, but really? What if there is no future. I have lived for 16 years and truth is? I never really lived at all. I spent every day trying to start over to have a better life than before. Truth is, I should have enjoyed it. Went out and lived a life worth something. As I watch down at everyone from up in the clouds I hope they all know I'm watching. I hope they go and have a life worth being there. 

        I know there is a lot of things you may be wondering, where is everyone? How are they doing? Truth is I'm not alone, but we'll get to that. Something I learned is everyone has a mask. Something they put on for the world to see. At a young age we learn that you never show who you really are. Your pretend ot be just like the rest of society. In the end those secrets you're trying to hid is what kills you. It breaks you apart until your lost and broken. Thats all those boys were. Lost. Their flaws came out and society told them that was wrong. They were different. That made them alone. And the worst of them all spoke and said they had a way out. SOmeway to make all of thier problems disappear. I want you to remember this, when you make fun of that kid for being different all for showing his real skin.  When he took off the mask, he was scared and thats how I died. 

        We never realize things people who should matter most. I spent the last year chasing after boys who didn't matter. I had the one guy I ever needed right in front of me. He cared. Thats more than most. FOr once I had someone who didn't show his mask. He was himself. A rare comnination these days if you ask me. I was blind. Now he's gone. Forever. I guess I have to hope for one thing. That where ever I go next. He is here. His face still gleaming like it always does. Thats the thing about love.

        We love things without even knowing it. Even when we do, as humans we take it forgrannted. All of this, can be gone. I guess Jamie realized that the hard way. The one person she cared more about than anyone else, died saving her. I guess thats why they call it soulmates. In the end, the soul is the only thing left that remembers. Everything else, decays and fades. Almost as if it was never there. The soul however, remembers everything.

         Too many times we ask why. Why does he care? Why do I like him? Why does he like me? The truth is Why is fear whispering in your ear making you feel worthless. Your not worthless. I see that now. I spent too many times thinking why and maybe. Maybe he could change. As much as I loved ALex. Maybe doesn't work. I had an always without even knowing it. 

        Our mistakes eventually catch up with us. Alex's mistakes didn't effect him until the end. And he payed the biggest price of all. Its proof you should never try to judge anothers mask. If everyone showed there mask who would judge? If no one tried to hid in the midst of society. If everyone just tried to be themselves and not the normal would anyone care? No. But, fear is what prevents that. Fear is what we have all around. It stoped me from Carson. Stopped Jamie from forgiving Traycan. Stopped Alex from ever showing his true colors. That is life. We all wore masks and this was the price. Are you willing to pay it? I am only telling you this because life can do terrible things. Don't fall in love with a mask. The pretty things they say is nothing until they prove it. 

So, the biggest thing I have to say is I'm not gone. Not completely. I am not. Alex is not. Traycan is not. Carson is not. We are just up here waiting. Watching everyone. Watching society kill them all. But in the end they'll learn and so will you.

--------Authors Note-------- 

Sorry its short but its the final chapter. Sad to see it go but like how it ended. Hope this teaches you all a lot cause its something I recently realized. Take off your mask and get rid of fear.