10/22: Heartbeat by SoftlySpeaking

HEARTBEAT BY @SoftlySpeaking

LOVE INTEREST: REBEKAH MIKAELSON

SUMMARY: In the 1920s, Stefan Salvatore and Eloise Bates, his best friend, grew bored and escaped to the city of Chicago to find entertainment. It was there, in a small speakeasy named Gloria's, that the vampires met two people that would seemingly change everything. Stefan had made himself a new friend, a brother even, and Eloise had met a woman that showed her what it was like to be in love.

REVIEW BY wendihoes:

Eloise Bates going in seems like a wonderful character and as the first chapter rolls in, the connection she has wth the three vampires is blatantly obvious. This story is not only well-written, but immediately captures the reader's attention. It doesn't give information expecting the reader to care for the character immediately. The writing and context gives us a reason to care for her, not just because she's the love interest. I'm so enthralled by this story and I can't wait until I finish reading it.

REVIEW BY amysponds:

So I am pretty much in love with this story! I love Rebekah with all my heart and Eloise seems like a little cinnamon roll that could actually kill you. Eloise is written so well even though it only has three chapters, but it's almost like you could see who she really is but we don't even know who she is. This is written so beautifully that it makes my heart cry a little. Another thing I really admire about this story, is Eloise's relationship with Stefan. They have what seems like a great bond that you wish never ends, and I love those types of bromances! Overall, this story is extremely amazing and everyone should read it!!

REVIEW BY acciotbs:

i absolutely adore eloise's name & the way you write in her POV is spectacular: it's plain to anyone to feel the attraction she feels towards rebekah, and you help to make that seem all the more natural. i also love stefan's relationship w eloise (true brotp!) & how easily u seem to manage to craft eloise's interactions & relationships w the characters introduced. i'll be looking forward to reading more chapters bc i can't wait to see how rebekah & eloise's relationship grows!!