Five

I took a deep breath as I felt her wide blue eyes staring at me. She was playing with her long hair, trying to braid it, but failing at doing that. I was sitting on the floor with her by my side, looking at my dead body. 

Well, I wasn't dead, but I did look like one. I had bruises everywhere and I thought about not making it alive. I was in a coma and they didn't expect me to wake up anytime soon. I wondered how everybody felt.

Yes, they were crying as I looked at them through the window. But what did they really feel inside? All I knew that I ruined Gemma's plans again and I was still a pain in the arse. It was like every time I tried hard, something bad had to happen.

"God, I hate this," She spoke. I turned my head to look at the little girl as she groaned. 

"Hate what?"

"The silence."  I raised my eyebrows in confusion.

"What should we do then? We have nothing to do."

"You mean we have lots to do." She grinned.

"How? We are ghosts."

"Exactly, that's why it's fun!" She stood up. "We can play games and do fun stuff." 

Fuck. She thought I liked playing and I was the same age as her?! I shook my head as her grin turned to a frown. "Why?" She added in a sad tone and puppy eyes. No, I hated that. It made me give up, always, especially with kids.

"Do you see how old I am..." I trailed off not knowing her name.

"Lila."

"Your name is Lila?" 

"Yeah! And it reminds me of Lilac." She giggled, I guess because it was pronounced a bit like it. "You?" 

"Harry." I had a small smile on my face. "And it reminds me of Harry Potter, obviously." She giggled again.

"Or prince Harry." I nodded. "Anyway, you want to play now?" I sighed.

"You see, I'm old. I don't play, love."

"But playing don't have anything to do with age. You can be fifty or eighty and still play, right?" It looked like she was smart. I liked her already, she was also cute. At least, I wasn't going to be alone in that mess.

"For how long have you been like this?" I asked her wondered about her story.

"I don't really count, but I think it's for a long time."

"Why are you- or we like this?" 

"Have you ever watched movies or read books?" I shrugged as she rolled her eyes. "It means we have unfinished business." I got confused again.

"What does that mean?"

"Something is holding you back- Oh wait!" She raised her hands and slapped her face. "Sorry, that's if you're already dead." My eyes went wide.

"I'm not!"

"Okay, okay." She had a thinking face and after a few seconds she remembered. "Oh, it means something else."

"What is it?" 

"You will come back to life if you..." She stopped and smiled wide. 

"If what?"

"If you prove that you deserve a second chance." I got up on my knees and gave her all of my attention, I listened carefully.

"What?"

"Did you remember what happened to you?" I nodded my head as she continued. "Good, that means you remember what you had done the days before."

"Yeah, so?"

"So you have to prove that you deserve a second chance as a ghost."

"But how?" I ran my fingers through my hair, frustrated. "I'm a ghost. Nobody can see me or even hear me."

"That's the challenge."

"And who will see what I will do to judge? Or give me a second Chance."

"I don't know, Angels?" She shrugged. "All I know that I had a lot of people like you and when they did something good to deserve a second chance they came back to life. Happy and healthy.

"But what if I didn't prove that?"

"Then you're going to be stuck like this forever." I stood up with a curse, but I said it in my head so she wouldn't hear.

"God, what should I do?!" I paced back and force.

"If you did anything bad in your life, mistakes or even made someone mad or sad, you should try to fix it." My list is long, I thought.

"But how?"

"By a lot of ways." I looked at her as she gave me a warm smile.

"You know any way?" She chuckled.

"I know a lot of ways and ideas. All we have to do is have faith in god, then ourselves and we will succeed." I smiled. I was so right, she was very clever.

"I like this." I sat on the floor again. She walked to where I was and stood in front of me. "You're smart."

"Yeah, they used to tell me that all the time." Lila was excited and so happy. She was a positive energy and made me feel okay and less worried. I had faith that I was going to make it alive.

The saddest thing that she was like me. A ghost.She deserved to be with her mum and other family members. Learning at school and playing with friends, not here stuck in this world. But I was grateful that she was there to help me.

Both of us heard the door getting opened as our heads turned towards it to see who it was. My eyes went wide as I felt my heart beat faster. "Who is she?"

"Ramona."

A/N: So sorry for this short chapter, I hope I could write a better and longer one soon. School is crazy as you all know and I hope you're enjoying this and forgive me for not updating a lot.

Also, her name is pronounced like Lilac.  Isn't she cute?! Imagine her as a cute seven-year-old girl, blue eyes and small figure. I hope you enjoy this, sorry for any mistakes and please, don't forget to vote and comment! x