At The Dinner Table

As Ren announced the meal was ready to eat, your stomach jumped. He made spaghetti and meatballs, I mean of course he did! You hadn't had any Italian food since you were in the states, and your last time there was 5 months ago! This job was great for you because people would usually get home sick after being away for too long, but you lived off of excitement. Besides, home wasn't really a place, it was the people you chose not the ones you were forced into. You did miss the states, but certainly not "home". Everyone gathered at the table, took their seats, and waited for the bowl of spaghetti to come their way. You were the third person to get the bowl, and you felt honored! You dumped your filling on your plate, and began to silently pray/give thanks for your meal. The members of the group practically froze, save the one with the bowl, and watched you until you finished. As you crossed yourself to end the prayer, you looked up and saw 10 pairs of eyes looking at you. They all smiled at you, and one commented. "You're a Christian??" Baekho asked intrigued. "Uhh, yes and no." you responded to his question sheepishly. "What do you mean???" Minhyun asked clearly confused. "I'm actually a Catholic, but I can't say that I'm not Christian because Catholicism is a branch off of Christianity." you replied being able to talk about a subject you knew well and enjoyed. As if purposefully, they all said "Ahh" together which made you laugh, literally out loud. Thank God I didn't have food in my mouth. You thought thankfully. "What's your profession?" Aron asked. "I'm a field biologist under Nat Geo." you responded proudly. "What are you doing here, no offense." Jr chimed in. "I'm currently studying the 'green' habits of the average civilian in Korea. After my visit here, I will go to Taiwan, China, and India. My research, in a year, will give Nat Geo the information they need to conduct official reports to the people about Asia's green habits compared to those of North/South America, Europe, and Africa." as you finished explaining your current job/study to them, they seemed more at ease. I assume they've realized they haven't made too rash of a decision inviting me here! You thought triumphant. "Don't you get homesick??" Ren asked as the question weighed on him as well. "No. My home situation isn't spectacular, and I always dreamed of leaving it behind. I guess you could say I'm living the life." you said with a genuine smile. "Do you ever get attached to the people you know you have to leave?" Jason asked with a sad look on his face. "Yes, I miss my best friend and my cousin." you replied happy memories flooding your mind ironically making you sad. "You're not aloud to get into relationships with people from the places you visit??" Aron asked sounding shocked. "It's not like your job permits it either!" you snapped. Everyone looked at you shocked. "Mianhaeyo." you replied. "I made that mistake once, and...I guess I still love that person." "What's his name??" Minhyun asked casually glancing at Aron who returned a smile. You hesitated, unsure of what to say. You turned red. "Awwe!!!! She's blushing!!!" Ren exclaimed letting his cutesy side show. They all chimed in, with really cute voices for men. The table became very noisy as the men grew even more excited by each others reactions. You gathered the courage to say it while no one could here. "Her name was Danny." everyone stopped and looked at you. Wrong move, dumbass! You thought growing scared of their reactions. Everyone at the table looked at each other and then back at you. "What was she like?" Jr asked mournfully. "Beautiful, smart, courageous, warm and cuddly on the inside, menacing and strong on the outside, the perfect everything for me, brilliant smile, even more brilliant eyes, she loved history, loved math, hated science, uet loved life. She was the piece that was missing in my life until the day I met her, and now..." you stopped tears welling in your eyes. "What!?!?!?!" Ren demanded. You stayed silent. "What happened????" he persisted. "Isn't it obvious? I'm right here!" you said hysterically. Your face carved into a very sad one when no one added any condolences. "I'm confused. What do I do? Where is she? How do I find her? How could I ever possibly apologize to her? What...what if she already moved on? These are the questions that keep me glued to my job, and not hopelessly chasing love." "The hardship is worth it!"Minhyun said placing his and Arons entangled fingers on the table. You began to cry and laugh at the same time. "What's wrong!?!?" Baekho asked worried. "Nothing. It's just, growing up I always paired Minhyun and Aron. Infact, they were my favorite ship; now they're giving me love advice while holding hands and exclaiming their love to each other in front of me." Everyone laughed, hard. "You're so adorable!!!" Ren said pinching your cheeks. That's ironic coming from you, Mr. Princess!
"Help me get her back!" you half demanded half pleaded. "We're in!" Minron(XD) said. Soon following after was everyone else's support. My life is finally falling into place, hopefully.