Chapter One

~•-------------------•~
Sar•casm
noun
The use of irony or mock to convey contempt.
~•-------------------•~

Waking up. Waking up to another bland day. Bland. She had no idea why, but Kaitlyn thought that bland was a pretty weird word. Weird. A word that Kaitlyn believed to be spelled the same way it was defined.

After Kaitlyn woke up, she turned her head to her alarm clock, squinting her eyes at the bright green numbers. It was only 4:45 in the morning, and Kaitlyn shouldn't be awake until 6:30. The middle-insomniac crept out of her bed, careful not to wake her roommate to which she shared a dorm with, and walked to the kitchen.

•••••

After brewing herself a nice chamomile tea and downing it all at once, Kaitlyn definitely felt more relaxed, but she didn't feel the slightest bit sleepy. Kaitlyn groaned and checked the time. Great. It was already 5:01, meaning if she could get to sleep immediately, she'd have an hour and a half of sleep.

As Kaitlyn tried to sleep, she found herself opening one eye over and over and checking the time. She finally, after two minutes, decided that sleep was no longer a choice.

•••••

The walk to the library was short. It was when Kaitlyn flipped open her laptop that she realized it was already 5:37. Not only that, but it was also Saturday, and Kaitlyn did not have classes today. Not only that, but Saturday was the day that her best friends would be here. Of course, that was sarcasm. Sarcasm. Kaitlyn was definitely one to use that. You see, the people that referred to as Kaitlyn's 'best friends' were two girls and a guy that loved to bully Kaitlyn, hence the sarcastic label.

After three full hours of quiet and peaceful studying, Kaitlyn was very pleased to say that her enemies (no sarcasm there) hadn't shown up at the library today. Kaitlyn smiled and closed her laptop. Today felt like it was going to be a great day. That was something she hadn't thought in a while. In fact, it was such a great day that Kaitlyn thought she'd go to the campus coffee shop for some extra expensive tea. Who needed money or time anyway?

When Kaitlyn got close to the shop at the edge of campus, she saw where her missing best friends had been. They saw her, and they called out to her, but she just ignored them.

After buying a tea from the cashier and getting yelled at, Kaitlyn made her way back to her dorm, but before she could settle down, someone knocked on her door. Kaitlyn waited for her roommate to get it, but when she never did, Kaitlyn realized she'd have to do it herself.

Kaitlyn didn't pay attention to what the man was saying. Something about bravery or something, but the guy had the prettiest eyes. He had a pretty snazzy suit on, and Kaitlyn couldn't ever recall seeing him around.

It was over just as quick as it started. After seeing or hearing no response from Kaitlyn, he quickly and politely gave up, but made sure to be back soon.