Chapter Six

~•-------------------•~
miserable
adjective
wretchedly unhappy
~•-------------------•~

The night wasn't fun.

Kaitlyn woke up at three thirty in the morning. She stirred for a minute, and she took in her surroundings. Her head was resting on Dallon's chest, but she couldn't move it. Her breathing was heavy, but she couldn't feel it. She tried to scream, but she couldn't hear it. Dallon woke up, but he didn't move. Then, everything was pitch black, and she couldn't see a thing.

But then, Kaitlyn really woke up.

And the morning was okay.

Dallon's shock when he woke up in Kaitlyn's dorm made her laugh hysterically, despite her horrific dream. Kaitlyn's laughter woke her roommate up, which started the waterfall of lectures about how just because Kaitlyn and Dallon have to be awake early for classes did not mean her roommate had to do the same — even though she did.

But then, it was time to go.

And the afternoon was horrible.

Dallon walked Kaitlyn out of classes. That time, a girl walked in front of them. She told Dallon not to talk to Kaitlyn. She told Dallon that Kaitlyn wasn't stable, leaving Kaitlyn just standing there, awkwardly fuming in silence.

Dallon told the girl off, though. Much to both girls' surprise, he defended Kaitlyn. What else was he supposed to do? Dallon had a crush on Kaitlyn's sad brown eyes. He had a crush on Kaitlyn's sad brown hair. As much as he wouldn't admit it, Dallon had a huge crush on Kaitlyn's sad brown self.

When they reached Kaitlyn's dorm, Dallon knew he had to go to his own dorm. Before he left, Kaitlyn tightly hugged Dallon. That was all the apology she could give.

But then, it was time for Dallon to go.

And, sadly, the night was bloody.