Chapter Twelve

~•-------------------•~
death
noun
the end of a life
~•-------------------•~

He didn't care where he was or who was watching him. Dallon screamed out at the top of his lungs as the tears painfully leaked from his eyelids. He wanted to believe that it was some kind of sick late April Fool's joke, and he wanted to believe that this was some gruesome, nightmarish dream, but he couldn't. It all felt too painful.

He begged the girl next to him — Kaitlyn's roommate — that it was fake as he fell to his knees in an ungraceful manner. He pleaded and prayed as he tugged on her shirt, sobbing tears into it, ignoring his throbbing knees.

He held the page in his hands tightly, being on the verge of tearing it into halves, as his tears repeatedly dripped onto it, and he read it again, and again, and again, trying to see if it was just a secret code to decipher. It had to be.

"Dallon—

Thanks to you, I've accomplished everything I needed to say that I've actually lived. Even though now, there's nothing much to say anyway. Don't think I used you to fulfill my life goal, either. Please don't even dare to ever come to that conclusion. I love you. Love is the only word that I care about now. All the other ones out there are completely meaningless. You're the only thing that matters.

Anyway, by the time you'll have read this, you'll know that I've left. I don't mean that I've left the city, the state, or even the country. I mean that I've left everything. I'm gone.

If I were stupid, I'd tell you to move on. I won't, because death is not something one can move on from in a second. A loved one's death will haunt a person—sometimes physically—for almost an eternity. And I am so extremely sorry. I'm not sorry for my death because I meant it. I'm sorry for hurting you. I know I've done it badly.

In all honesty, I'm starting to regret this already. Despite the fact that we've really only known each other for a little more than a couple of weeks, I really do love you immensely. I'll miss you a lot. If the afterlife is really real, then you can bet that I'll always be with you. Because once again, and for the last time, I love you.

—Kaitlyn"

At times, Dallon didn't want anything but her. The man was as depressed as one could be. But he didn't end his life, though. At the times when he wanted do, he knew that Kaitlyn would be watching him in disappointment. So he lived on. And he got married. And he had children. And he never forgot.

-

my condolences,,,,

that's it, though. thanks for reading!! hit up my other stories if u want lol