*1 Visiters*

I don't care if you don't like this story. I'm writing it because I want to.

----------------------------------------------

Adam's Cartwright's POV

A childhood friend of my Pa's, Lucas Benson, is coming to stay with us for a few months or so. Until his house is rebuilt on a different side of their land. Pa hasn't said much, only that his friend has three children. A man around my age, that I was friends with when I was two. Hes going to school somewhere east to become a doctor. He sounds smart to me. A girl, Joe's age and a young boy in his late teens. I can see Joe flirting up a storm with the girl around cause that's how he is..........

We heard a carriage pull up and Pa stood up. "They're here" He left and Little Joe, Hoss and I followed him outside to the front of the house. We could hear crying inside the carriage but couldnt see what or who it was. The door opened and a gray haired man got out. Pa and him hugged like old friends do, this man must be Lucas Benson.

Next a teenage boy got out, looking like he really didn't want to be here. Then a little boy ran out wiping his eyes. He ran right to me and hid behind my legs. He was a small boy, couldn't have been more than three feet tall and four years old. He had sandy brown hair, much like Hoss, and wide child-like eyes, that held fear.

"Benji get back here!" A female voice called, followed by a young lady getting out. She looked around, then her eyes landed in my direction and came towards me. I was the closest one to the house. "Benjamin Gregory Benson, you need to be changed" She said in a stern, almost motherly voice. The little boy clung to my leg. "Benji you left your train in the carriage" She said in a softer loving voice. Benji let go of my leg and walked to her, sticking one of his hands in his mouth and holding the other one out for her, which she took and lead him back to get his train.

"Ben, this is Tim my youngest. That was Jessie and the little one is Benji" Lucas said

"Is Benji, Jessie's?" Pa asked.

"No, no. Shes not even married. Refuses it too. I can't tell you how many marriages I've set up for her that she's refused. Benji is Nathan's boy"

"Ah how is Nathan doing?"

"Good very good. Got married five years ago and had Benji three years ago. These your boys Ben?"

"Yes they are. This is Joseph, Hoss, and Adam" Pa pointed to each of us, Joe was the closed to him and then it was Hoss and then it was me.

"All handsome boys Ben. All indeed. How old are you boys?"

"27" Hoss told him

"33" I said

"21" Joe said.

"So is Jessie. Nathan is 29 and Tim here is 17"

"Lets move this inside, shall we" Pa said leading the way. "Boys take their bags" Hoss, Joe and I each took a bag from the carriage. The driver took off after.

"Excuse me" I heard Jessie say. I turned around to see her standing behind me with Benji by her side. "I can take that bag" She said looking at one of the bags in my hand. "You see its Benji's bag and he doesn't like people touching it" Benji looked up and me and tried hiding behind Jessie.

"I understand" I told her, giving the bag to her. "I'm Adam by the way"

"Thanks Adam" She smiled and picked up the bag. "Come along Benji. Lets get you changed" She walked ahead of us.

"Wow, shes something isn't she" Joe said behind me to Hoss, just before he whistled. And so it begins.

Jessie's POV