Chapter Three

*Jenn's POV*

I unlocked the apartment door and walked in on a sleeping Andrea. She was sprawled out across the couch. The TV was on so I turned it off.

I walked to my room and changed to rest. I knew Andrea would be up later and if she woke up early enough, we could go to the beach. I put on a pair of sweats and a plain grey t-shirt and scrolled through social media on my phone.

I felt myself slowly dozing off so I put my phone on the charger and set an alarm.

~

My alarm went off about an hour later and I got up to go to the bathroom.

I walked out to get something to drink and Andrea was eating something in the living room.

"Hey, when did you get home?" She asks me.

"About an hour and a half ago. When did you get up?" I open the fridge and pull out a water bottle.

"About twenty minutes ago."

"Oh. Did you still want to go to the beach?" I walk back into the living room.

"If you want," she shrugs hiding her excitement.

"Andrea, look at me," she looks up at me. "What's going on?"

"What do you mean? There's nothing going on."

"Andrea, I'm your best friend. I'm not dumb. Something's up. What is it?"

"I don't know what you're talking about, Jenn," she looks down at her food.

I sit down on the couch next to her. "Andrea, what's going on? You weren't really fine this morning when I went with JC. I could see it in your eyes. Now, you're hiding your excitement of me wanting to go to the beach with you. Did you think that I'd forget? And why did you pretend to be okay this morning? I need to know what's up, Andrea."

She finishes her cereal without even glancing at me. She takes her bowl to the sink and starts walking towards her room. I run and block her from opening her door.

"Jenn, move!"

"No, Andrea. Tell me what's going on."

"I don't want to," she looks directly at me.

"Then, at least go to the beach with me."

"Why?"

"Because you're my best friend and I enjoy spending time with you. Besides why wouldn't I want to go to the beach with you? You wanted to go earlier and I told I would go with you later. Well, it's later so let's go."

"Fine. Let me get ready, first," I move from in front of her door and she walks in her room.

I smile and go to my room to change.

A/N // Heyy! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in forever. There's just been a lot happening in my life and I didn't have the motivation to really do anything. I'll try to update more often now. Maybe over the summer I can make a schedule where I post once a week or once every two weeks. I don't know we'll see. And sorry this chapter wasn't as long as the other two. Other chapters will be longer.