Chapter 5

Recap:

"Goodbye" I said.

And jumped out the window.

Bella's pov:

I soared through the sky but all of a sudden I was jerked to a stop and soon pulled up back into the hospital room.

"No way in hell are you leaving me" Father growled in the end.

"My only child will stay with me, why do you want to leave?" He said with pained laced in his tone in the last part.

"I'm almost of age to support myself it's best to start now"

"No you won't, you'll be with me, taken care of and not have a care in the world"

I didn't say anything after that.

"You should stay until you're all healed"

I nodded and put my bag on the floor.

Father lifted me up and sat me down on the bed. He kneeled in front of me and stared intently.

"So tell me about yourself, what happened over the years?" He said excitedly.

"I came from an abusive household where Mother's husband and his brother beat me constantly and turned me into their maid" I said bluntly.

Father growled.

"You suffered enough, you're safe now" He said and rested his head on my lap.

"Your cousin will be so happy when he sees you"

I didn't say anything, only stroked his sleek black hair, the roots turning white but it looks natural and permanent.

Father's head shot up all of sudden.

"I'll be right back angel" He said and kissed my nose then left with Alpha.

Vick was already gone.

The doctor made his way towards me, he looked at my bloodied feet. He made his way towards a shelf full of utensils,  he took a few things that I couldn't see through his large bod.

He came back and dragged a metal table and stool in front of me.

I lifted my right foot slightly, and he began to take pieces, splinters and pointy rocks with a pair of tweezers.

"What happened to your shoes?" He asked.

"I don't own any" I said.

"What kind of girl doesn't own a pair of shoes?"

 "The one who never leaves the house, what is the point in owning a pair if you never leave the compartment of your house?"

The doctor didn't say anything else and continued tending to my foot. One by one I watched as the materials lodged into my foot pile in the small bowl.

"Gracious I'm surprised you were able to walk properly let alone stand with this much material one foot"The doctor said.

"I'm going to need another bowl" He mumbled and stood up, going back to the shelf and coming back with another small bowl. He drenched a cotton ball with disinfectant and dabbed my foot, it sizzled and bubbled, I'm assuming this was supposed to hurt because the doctor looked at me skeptically as if waiting for my reaction.

Once he finished, he wrapped it in white bandage then started on the other foot.

"Bella sweetie, everything at home is ready for you, as a matter of fact it's always been ready, I just want things to be perfect for you when you come home, Oh my I can't wait for you to see your cousin, I had to hold my smile in" Father said still containing his smile.