Chapter Thirty-Five

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

Red and pink rose pedals covered the floor of the suite. Vases of mimicking roses along with other décor sat sweetly on the shelves. Everything smelt beautiful but I was missing something key in the room.

“I’m sorry. I should go.” She babbled nervously, grabbing her purse. “Thanks for last night.”

Everything in me sank and I was lost for words.

A woman about a few years older than me with dark brown hair and bright blue eyes rushed past me and then took one last look, kissing Ryan quickly before leaving. His eyes lingered as he picked them up from the ground and looked at me.

“Who was that?” I asked shockingly. My body began to shake and I was holding back tears.

“She…” His voice cracked. “I..”

I let the tears poor. The flowers and the beautiful décor wasn’t for me. It was for whoever that girl was and their romantic night.

I ran down the hallway and towards the elevator, pushing the down button furiously. Tears of anger were straining the small bit of makeup that I was wearing.

“Paula wait!” Ryan came running after me as the door for the elevator opened.

I pressed the button to close the doors as quick as I could and held it down as he ran towards me.

“No Paula! It’s not what you think!”

I shook my head furiously as the doors closed, “I can’t believe you would cheat on me!” I cried. Once the doors shut I sank down on the back of my feet against the wall.

I knew it. I knew things were too good to be true right now. There was no way a celebrity like him could even come close to someone like me. It’s not like he saw anything in me. I was just a summer play thing that he would leave when the time came. I can’t believe I actually fell for him!

I knocked my head at the back of the elevator and let the tears stroll down my cheeks. Then the door chimed and a tall man in a business suit gasped seeing me sitting there.

“I’ll just take the next one…” he backed up and let the doors close again.

I laughed at myself and then fell back into hysterics.

How could I have been so stupid? He never loved me…

The doors opened again and it said that I was in the Lobby. I quickly got up and wiped the tears off my cheeks and walked out to the beach.

Everything around me was blurry and I didn’t know where I was headed, I just knew I needed to get away.

“Paula!” I heard the familiar voice call behind me.

I began to run. I knew nothing else but to kick off my flip flops and take off down the beach. I didn’t look back until I’d reached the other side of the beach. I could see him. But he was only a speck among others from where I was standing.

My heart was racing and the tears were still there. I continued to wonder how he could do that. How could anyone do that? Cheat on someone they said they loved. I was finished wondering.

I turned around and ran further down the beach, this time not turning back.

The next night I was laying in my bed watching Sweet Home Alabama while eating chocolates from Sees Candy. I hadn’t moved from the bed since I got home from my run on the beach the other day. Becka’s laying next to me, crying at the sob moment. I used up all my tears last night.

“How could you not be crying?” Becka sobbed. “She’s all, “So I could kiss you any time I want.” That is the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard.”

I didn’t tell Becka why I was crying last night, but I think she knows. I tried to keep quiet last night but I ended up bursting into sobs. She kept quiet, and pretended like she didn’t notice. It was too hard not to.

“I don’t know,” I shrugged, trying to laugh it off. “I think I’ve just seen this movie too many times.”

She nodded and the credits began to play. She lifted up the remote and shut off the T.V.

“What’s going on Paula?” she turned to me. “You should be watching movies with Ryan. Not me.”

I froze, “What are you talking about?”

“He has knocked on that door a million times in the past 24 hours. And you haven’t let him in.” She gave me the don’t-give-me-bull-crap-because-i-know-exactly-what’s-going-on look. “So what’s going on? Did you guys break up?”

I held back the bit of tears that were still in me, “I don’t really know where we stand right now.” She waited for me to continue. “Um, remember the other day when I went over to see what we were going to do for the day?”

She nodded, “Yeah…”

“Well I walked in on something I shouldn’t have.” I stiffened. “There was someone in his room. And they looked more than comfortable with each other.”

She gasped, “Ohmygod.”

“I caught her just as she was leaving after what looked like a pretty romantic night.” I let a tear drop but quickly whipped it away. “There were roses everywhere and he was dressed nice and she looked like a freaking model. I should have known..”

“Wait,” Becka paused. “Why would he be dressed nice after their night together?”

“I don’t know.” I sighed, falling back on my pillow.

“Did you catch them in bed together?”

“No,” I shook my head. “She was getting ready to leave and kissed him goodbye.”

She nodded and slumped back in her bed too, “What’d she look like?”

I sighed, “Skinny, tall, dark brown hair and big blue eyes, you know, your average dream girl for every guy. Oh and she had boobs, which I don’t.” I muttered.

“WAIT.” Becka gasped, sitting up straight. “Was her voice kinda squeaky?”

I got up too and nodded, “Do you know her?”

She nodded slowly, jaw dropped. “That’s Samantha. His ex.”

My draw dropped in unison, I was speechless. “So he’s back with her?” I chocked.

“I’m so sorry Paula…” Becka came over and hugged me. “Maybe they aren’t!”

I laughed in sarcasm, “Yeah because that kiss meant absolutely nothing.”

==================

DID anyone see that coming?????????? Anyone??

Leave a comment ;)