Chapter-10

"Hello Dr.Steve. I am Emily's mother. Good to see you again." My mother said with a fake smile on her face. "Hello Emily!! Hello Mrs. Murray." the doctor said. He was very sweet and kind. And around him I used to feel comfortable. "Alright Emily....your reports are ready." He told me and my mother with a sad look. I crossed my fingers hoping that everything was fine. "I am really sorry Mrs. Murray and Emily you have leukemia." There was silence. I was in a complete shock. How could this happen? My mother started crying. NO NO this can't happen. I am just beginning to explore life. The reports were wrong for sure. "Alright listen....Mrs. Murray....there is nothing to worry about. There can be a lot of operations. But they will cost you a lot of money. Also some are successful some are not." Dr. Steve told us.

My father left me and my mom when I was 15 years old...the same year that Sean had played prank on me. Since then my mother worked as a kinder garden teacher. Her salary was not enough for my operation. She couldn't even pay half of it. Shy did this happen to me? No, this was not true. It couldn't happen. First dad and now this. No, this is all false. It's a nightmare.