Chapter-11

It was midnight when I was walking alone in the heavy rain. "Emily!! What the hell are you doing here?" it was a familiar voice. I wasn't able to make out who it was. "Emily it's me...." Someone said. Who me? "EMILY!!!" he shouted, holding my shoulders and shaking me. "It's me Sean!! What are you doing? Is everything alright?" SEAN is what all I heard. I started crying and I hugged him. He didn't stop me but just hugged me back and whispered sweet nothings in my ears. Time passed with me still crying. "Emily will you tell me what's wrong? Did someone say something to you? You can tell me. Please...stop crying..." Sean said. We both were facing each other. Sobs were erupting out of my throat and he had a worried and caring expression on his face. Should I tell him about my reports? I asked myself. Can I trust him? Will he take it seriously? Will he understand my pain? Will he make fun of me? Infinite number of questions came in my mind. I was just staring at him without saying a word. I can't tell him!! I can't tell a guy who comes suddenly after 4 years and asks me if I am alright? Where was he 4 years ago when I really needed someone. When I needed him. When I needed to tell someone how hearts broken I was. He was making fun of me with his friends. He didn't care then why would he now? And now suddenly he comes and pretends as if he cares about me!! If I am fine?!! This must be just some other prank of his. Yes. This must be another prank. His friends must be around. This has happened before but I am not going to let this happen again. "Oh come on Sean!!! Tell me where your friends are?!" I said in total sarcasm. Tears streaming down my face. With a sardonic smile on my face. It took him a second to understand and then his expression became sad. "NO! NO! It's nothing like that. I told you I won't do it again. Trust me Emily this is no prank. I really care for you. Please tell me what's wrong? You have to tell me! Please..." he said earnestly. It had felt so good to be in his embrace. It felt so good to hear him say he cared, that he regretted what he had done. Could I trust him? I thought unconsciously looking into his eyes. Ocean blue. So entrancing. So enrapturing. He slowly leaned in, bending his head so he could make an angle. He encircled his arms around my waist with his hands landing on the arch of my back. He slowly continued to lean towards me. I moved my arms so that they were hooked around his neck. It was a slow, passionate and a sweet kiss. Filled with both desire and love at the same time. NO. NO. NO. This is wrong. I can't do this. The more I want this to never end the more I am afraid that it is a part of his game. I pulled myself back. "I'm.....I'm..... Sorry. I didn't mean to.....I.....just....." he said. "I need to go Sean. Before you again start laughing and tell me it's a dare." I said and started running as fast as I could. I heard him shout my name for me to stop. But I didn't. Tears continued to flow down that I loved him. I had learnt to fall in love so what if it wasn't requited? Maybe some other time. It was beautiful to be where I had been. I had tasted the passion, the desire. I had not ever stopped loving him. It was there just hidden.