Chapter 1: Deciving Eyes

She shook in front of the mirror. The dark purple bags beneath her eyes had only darkened since the events two days prior. Lucy quickly turned the water on. Splashing the cool liquid across of her face , she gave a pained sighed. The dreams won't stop. Every night , it was nothing more then a swirling pool of darkness that churns, becoming a suffocating red that swallows you whole and rips you apart. The strain that had been put on her mind was showing in all her daily activities. Even going to the guild and waking up had been things she had just been to fearful to do. It was truly a pitiful sight the once boisterous blonde was now nothing more than a broken mind--an empty soul. She frowned again at her reflection using her index finger to pull at the bruise like bag under her eye. Again heaving a sigh she turned the water off and walked out of the bathroom . Let the day begin.

Beams of sun broke through the curtains pooling on the floor in beautiful golden spots. She had her nose buried into yet another book. Tucked into bed with tea steaming on her side table. Her blue hair was pulled back by an bandana. It's dark red and grays contrasting against her hair. Suddenly cries and yelling could be heard throughout the entire house. She dropped her book as her petite frame tore the covers from around her and dashed to the sourse. She skid to a stop as she found the source but her horror and worry quickly turned to humorous  laughter as she looked at the sight in front of her.
"OI SHRIMP DONT LAUGH AT ME" a male screamed as he turned to her. His thick long black hair was pulled into a high pony tail. It was decorated with many flowers and what looked to be many cups of glitter. The once gray piercings he had were now painted a bright pink. Levy covered her mouth as tears from laughter swelled in her eyes looking at the sight as gajeel began to make sobbing noises throwing his hands dramatically. "LOOK WHAT THE DEMON CHILD DID TO ME!!" He cried. She felt her knees go weak as she fell to the floor laughing. "G-Gajeel...." She gasped for air as more laughter poured out. A dark blush covered his face as he stomped over picking the bluenette up. Levy gasped in surprise and looked up at him her eyes sparkling as she looked up at him. Treasure the moments while you can. She suddenly tried to run or get away. "GAJEEL NO!!" Her eyes were filled with fear as she finally saw his face. He had a dark smirk and in his hands were glitter and many flower clips and bands. "ITS JUST A MAKE OVER!!" He yelled darkly a smile on his face and dragged her into the living room where there daughter waited for her parents to come.

She ran her hand through her hair as she looked up at the sky. Blue. Like Juvias hair she thought quietly. Kids ran and played in the streets a parent or two talked as some watched from balconys. Lucy smiled to her self. How cute. A ball rolled over to her feet and a orange hair girl no older than 7 ran over. Lucy picked up the ball , bending down to the girls level and handed it to the her. The girl took it then looked back up at the Celestial Mage.
"Are you ok miss?"
She swayed back and forth as she looked at Lucy. Lucy,taken back by the question paused,
" Why, I'm just fine why do you ask?" She smiled again. A soft small hand was placed on Lucy's cheek. Her eyes widened as she looked at the girl.
"Your crying."
It was true. Fresh tears poured down the blondes face. She hasn't noticed till know. She stood up straight and placed her fingertips on her cheek. Feeling the hot tears cascade down her face she quickly snapped her eyes around the area. A low murmurs was heard. Some pulled there children closer and some whispered to each other looking at Lucy with concern or discomfort. She felt the same ominous feeling drift over her just as it did every night as she went to sleep. The murmurs grew louder and louder. She backed up in fear, eyes dilating and breath quickening . Louder. She felt a lump rise in her the throat as her insides twisted painfully. Then she saw it the same shadowy figure in her dreams. It stood at the back of the growing crowd smiling at her. She stared right back as she felt her muscles clench.
"Run."
The figure swiftly started moving forward faster and faster. Weaving through the crowd it grew bigger and bigger. The sky turned a dark red almost crimson as it got only inches away. She couldn't move. It brought its hand down to slice her apat,to end it all now. Pressure was placed around her shoulder and right before it touched her skin it shattered turning to black dust and rolling away.

"Lucy" a sweet voice called out to her. She felt her eyelids flutter open. Greeted by harsh white lighting she clamped her eyes shut giving a groan. She laid on a single bed a white sheet draped around her. She squinted blinking a few times letting her eyes focus. Big brown eyes were above her. They had dark blue hair and a white cat placed on there head.
"W-Wendy?" Lucy asked her voice raw and cracking. The girl nodded

"Yea it's me. How are you feeling"

The question left a bitter taste in her mouth and an stale silence in the air. Wendy went to apologize and say she knew that Lucy was tired and that she just needed some rest. But that wasn't the case. As she went to speak she was cut off by mournful sobs from the bolder as she draped an arm over her face. Wendy stared worry and confusion swirling in her eyes.
"Lucy?" She asked quietly. Lucy pulled her arms away and looked at Wendy. Her face was soaked in tears, eyes red and irritated.

" I'm not.....I'm not ok.."

1052 words

(Sorry it's so short)
-all rights reserved-