Chapter. 1

*Jessie*

"Ugh," I groaned. There was another great singer I let slip through my fingers, even though I turned my chair!

"No one's picking me," I complained to Will.

"The next one's going to be good, I can feel it," Will told me.

"Let's hope they pick me," I signed in annoyance.

Just then the sound of the stage door creaking grabbed my attention. That was followed by the 5 footsteps that was necessary for the person to get to the mic stand. They took the mic off and set the stand aside. Everything was quiet, accept the strong beating of their heart. They took a final deep breath before the a guitar strummed into the perfect mixture of chords. The song was perfect for the emotion and the tone.

"Here's the thing, we started out friends.

It was cool but it's all pre-tend, yeah, yeah.

Since you been gone."

The tone was perfect, defiantly a male, and his diction was spot on.

"You dedicated, you took the time,

Wasn't long until I called you mine, yeah, yeah.

Since you be gone,"

Then there was a small emotion change as Danny turned his chair.

"And all you ever hear me say,

Is how I pictured me with you,

That's all you ever hear me say,"

Then the pace increased with the pitch and for a boy, he really hit the highs, starting into the chorus with a smooth run.

"S-s-since you been gone,

I can breathe for the first time,

I'm so moving on yeah, ye-ah,"

It got me right there, that little run was perfect. I raised my hand as high as it could go and slammed on that button. I turned around to Will pushing his button beside me.

"Thanks to you,

Now I get,

What I want,"

The singing stopped here and the last line was beautifully whispered in perfect melody.

"Since you been gone,"

Of course Tom decided he would join the bidding war. Great, I wanted him all to myself. I always lose the ones I really want to the boys. As everyone applauded, rightfully so, I got to take in what he looked like. He was wearing a pair of burgundy chinos and a cute little blue shirt, on his feet he wore white converse. He had a slightly tan complexion. His fair blonde hair gelled up to the right, he was sitting behind an acoustic guitar. In all honesty, he was beautiful, his looks complimented his voice nicely.

"Hello, what's you name?" Will asked.

"Um, my name is Jake, Jake Woods," he responded happily. His voice had an Irish edge, which I was hoping Danny didn't pick up on.

"Where you from Jake? And what age are ya?" Danny asked.

"I'm 23 and I'm from Belfast," he admitted.

"Thought I heard a bit of Irish about you," he coaxed. Jake just chuckled.

"What do you do for a living, Jake?" I inquired, not wanting to boys to out question me.

"I'm studying a mechanics course at a university in Essex," he smiled.

"That's nice," I replied.

"So Jake, I would like you to be on my team. And I'm going to say it how it is, I could really feel the emotion you had behind that song, the song choice was perfect. Your pitch was remarkable and everything came together nicely, it was perfect. It would be great if you could join my team," Danny explained, playing the game we were all playing.

"Everything came together nicely? It did not come together nicely. It was freaking awesome. It was so dope to turn around and see you happily strumming your guitar. That was tic tac fresh. You get your ass over here and come join my squad bro," Will persuaded.

"I agree with Will. What you did with that song was fresh. This is what the UK needs. Some fresh, new, raw talent. And that's you. I feel as if I could get you to the finals and be the perfect coach to teach you the stuff you need," Tom marveled.

"Jessie?" Danny asked.

"Do you ever listen to the radio in the car, and make a music video in your head because the song fits perfectly to the mood your in at that time? I know I'm not the only one who does it. That's what I was doing. You had the emotion in your voice to do it on your own, you just need help to freshen up on the professional parts, and I can do that, easily taking you to the final," I truthfully told him.

"Whoa," Jake was overwhelmed. "Wait, now I have to chose? Oh gosh..."

"It's your decision," Will reminded him.

"Okay, I've made my decision, I think. Sir Tom Jones, your a legend, and Danny what you guys do is unbelievable, Will your so cool, but I think Jessie's my girl," Jake smiled. I sighed in relief.

"Yes!" I shouted. "Team Jessie baby, yeah!"

As normal I got off my seat to go and greet him and give him a hug. As I embraced Jake at the bottom of the stairs, I felt what could only be explained as an exciting tingling pass through the places we touched. I shrugged it off. 

"I won't let you down, Jess," Jake reassured me.

"No, I won't let you down," I replied.

He shook everyone else's hand and took off to the right to see his family. That was the strangest thing  that has ever happened in my life. But finally I got someone for my team and he was an amazing singer.

"Ek, I'm excited now!" I exclaimed, shuffling my feet. The boys just laughed at me and we continued into the blind auditions.

A/N: Okay guys, lets hear what you think. ANY criticism is welcomed as I need to know how this is, whether your harsh nice or truthful, hit me with the verdict!