Chapter Four.

From  the  beginning  of  time,  you  have  two  soulmates.

                                       One,  who'll  love  you,  make  a  life  with  you,  and  be  your  whole  world.

                                      Then  there's  the  second.  They'll  become  you;  you  become  them.

                                       They're  your  best  friend,  and  they're  there  every  step  of  the  way.    

                                                                                           ~*~

When  I  walked  downstairs,  I  didn't  know  what  to  expect.  It  was  barely  nine  in  the  morning  and  yet  my  mind  was  full  of  wonders.  Stepping  into  the  kitchen,  my  breath  caught.  There  he  was  again,  sitting  in  my  usual  spot  at  the  table.  Why  didn't  he  leave?  And  why  is  he  staring  at  me  like  that?  His  normal  pale  blue  eyes  mixed  with  silver  were  now  a  dark  yellow  and  I  finally  understood  what  it  ment.  Lust.

I  laughed  to  myself  as  I  walked  past  him  to  Carson  who  was  sitting  on  the  counter  with  his  mouth  slagging.  A  few  of  the  boys  from  the  pack  were  here  as  well,  and  I  noticed  most  of  Nana's  goodies  were  already  gone.  Carson  finally  gained  his  control  back  and  saw  my  slightly  raised  eyebrow  at  my  surroundings.

"Hey,  beautiful."  He  winked  at  me.  Behind  me,  I  heard  a  low  growl  and  turned  to  stare  at  the  boy  who  was  my  mate.  He  was  glaring  intently  at  Carson  who  was  staring  amused.

"Chill,  Kyler.  She's  not  a  taken  woman."  Kyler.  It  was  perfect,  like  him.  Kyler  stood  and  walked  out  after  one  last  glance  at  me.

"What's  his  problem?"  I  heard  a  few  of  the  boys  ask.  I  shrugged.  He  wouldn't  be  here  long  anyways.

"Cars,  can  you  give  me  a  ride?"  I  asked  while  taking  a  last  brownie  off  of  a  plate.  He  nodded  and  winked  again.

"Be  careful,  dude.  I  think  you're  getting  a  twitch  in  that  eye,"  James,  a  boy  from  my  history  class,  joked.  Which  ended  with  a  wrestling  match  right  in  the  middle  of  the  kitchen  floor.  After  a  few  moments  of  struggling,  it  was  broken  up  by  Nana  with  a  broom.

"Morning,  dear,"  Nana  said  kissing  my  cheek.  I  smiled  at  her  gently.  I  still  felt  bad  about  my  past  week  adventure.

Quickly  eating  and  then  touching  up  my  gloss  again,  Carson  and  I  headed  out.  His  truck  was  nothing  fancy;  a  plan  green,  '87  Chevy  his  dad  had  handed  down  to  him.  I  liked  it  though,  it  matched  him  perfectly  in  a  way.  I  climbed  in  and  Carson  shut  the  door  for  me.

"Sorry  about  the  mess."  He  said  blushing  as  he  started  the  truck  and  we  pulled  away.  I  laughed.

"No  biggie."  I  smiled.

Laying  back  a  bit,  I  let  the  last  of  the  summer  rays  reach  my  face.  I  would  miss  it.  Summer  was  my  favorite  season.  Spring  was  too  much  rain.  Autumn  made  me  sad  by  seeing  everything  die  from  the  cold.  And  winter  was  too  icy;  even  with  my  mad  werewolf  skills,  I  was  still  a  bit  clumsy  at  times.