Chapter Twelve.

I stared at the ceiling as I tried to not move. Every bone in my body felt like it was going to snap at any minute and the splitting headache throbbed every time I took a breath. Maybe I had more alcohol than I thought I did last night. I'd only had one hangover this bad before and that was when I first drank at my cousin's wedding and ended up dancing on the table.   

The door slammed suddenly open and a bright light flooded the room.

Oh dear god, I'm dying. I thought and waited for my body to take it's last breath. Except it never did. I kept breathing, and could distinctly make out a figure in the doorway. After what felt like ages, the person came closer and I recognized Nana's face as she leaned over me.

When the hell did Nana die?

"Aurora Eliza Brooks, you are grounded! Now, sit up and take this!" she screamed at me, increasing my headache and causing me to wince. When I didn't respond, she pulled me up and I felt every movement my body made as pain shot through me.

Never. Drinking. Again.

Even my wolf was too tired to answer with a snotty remark.

I felt Nana put a cup to my lips and tipped it back. Forcing myself to drink it, I bit back the bile as I drank the bitter ingredients. Almost instantly, my headache subsided and I could move without almost screaming. The light dulled down and Nana stopped shouting. I blinked and looked around. I was sprawled across my bed with an angry looking Nana crouched down beside me.

"What happened?" My voice was hoarse as I tried to sit up.

"I don't know, you tell me. I woke up at three in the morning to you and Jace trying to dance like ballerina's." Her voice was agitated and I felt bad. Nana loved her sleep more than anything in the world, and we'd disturbed it. Then her words sunk in and I chuckled.

"Ballerina's?"

"Yes. And two weeks this time, Aurora. You know how I feel about alcohol."

I layed my head back down on my pillow and closed my eyes. Nana's homemade remedy had numbed the hangover and I knew in a couple of hours it'd be gone completely. I heard her leave, softly shutting the door behind her.

I'm grounded. Freaking great. I tried to remember last night's events, but everything was fuzzy. Except, I recalled Jace telling me something important about Kyler. And his parents. My heart raced and I jumped up, lunging for the phone to call Jace.

He picked up on the fourth ring, sounding perfectly fine.

"Were you being serious?" I practically yelld at him in my haste for an answer.

"Yes."

"How'd you know what I was talking about?" I questioned curiously.

"I figured you'd have to ask me again. But yes, they're coming sometime this week."

I dropped the phone and froze. The Midnight Pack, Kyler's pack, was our biggest threat since the beginning of time. They have destroyed us multiple times throughout history, except for once. When my grandfather was alpha, he managed to beat them, but just barely. I didn't even hear Jace trying to call my name as I walked out of my room.

They're coming here. No one knows but Kyler and his friends. My pack is unprepared. They're going to all die.

These were the only thoughts racing through my mind as I sprinted to David's without bothering to dress properly. My beta needed to know of the threat coming our way at this very moment. I didn't bother to knock, and instead bursted through the door. He was at the table with Emma, and they were in the middle of an intimate moment. Feeling awkward, I stood there and saw as he looked me over. David instantly knew something was wrong and sent Emma out of the room.