Chapter Nineteen.

Kyler's  point  of  view.

My  heart  soared  as  I  saw  my  mate  sit  up  and  look  around.  And  even  when  she  started  cursing  under  her  breath,  my  natural  high  didn't  come  down  in  the  least  bit.  Okay,  maybe  it  faltered  a  bit  when  she  looked  down  and  saw  the  hospital  gown  on  her  body,  instantly  cursing  the  person  who  "perved"  on  her.  But  still.  After  so  many  weeks  and  days  that  I  hadn't  seen  her  move  even  an  inch,  I  was  in  heaven.  Two  perfectly  delicate  fingers  snapped  in  front  of  my  face,  causing  my  goofy  smile  that  was  plastered  on  my  face  to  widen. 

"Hi  there,  loverboy.  Care  to  give  me  a  lift  home?"  she  asked,  and  even  though  I  saw  how  weak  she  was,  I  knew  the  determination  in  her  features,  and  she'd  be  home  within  the  next  hour.  So,  I  simply  nodded.

Speak,  boy!  Jace  demanded  in  my  head.  My  wolf  growled  because  he  was  still  upset  over  my  mate  being  so  close  to  him  so  quickly,  but  I  had  to  agree.

"Hi,"  I  said  and  instantly  cursed  inside  my  mind.

Smooth...

I  blocked  my  pack  from  my  mind  and  focused  on  Aurora.  She  smiled  then  and  I  felt  my  heart  melt.  "So,  the  mute  actually  do  speak?"  she  asked  teasingly.

I  stood  and  leaned  onto  the  bed,  wrapping  her  in  my  arms.  It  felt  so  good  to  have  her  laughing  again.  Inhaling  her  scent  deeply,  I  memorized  the  smell.  She  wouldn't  be  able  to  go  anywhere  without  me  finding  her.  She's  mine.  Mine.  I  chuckled  at  the  thought  and  loved  the  way  it  sounded.

"Kyler,"  she  said  into  my  chest.

"Hmm...?"  I  mummured,  stroking  her  hair  gently.

"I.... can't....,"  she  trailed  off.

My  eyebrows  furrowed  in  confusion,  and  I  pulled  back  slightly  to  look  at  her.  She  inhaled  deeply,  her  face  a  dark  red.  "Breathe."

Realization  dawned  on  me  and  I  quickly  started  apologizing.  She  laughed  then  but  grew  serious  suddenly.  "What  day  is  it?"

I  pulled  my  cell  phone  out  and  checked  the  date.  Heck,  I  was  so  worried  about  her  even  I  didn't  know.  "December  24."  I  said  raising  my  eyebrow.  "But  not  for  long.  There's  seventeen  more  minutes  until  Chistmas,"  I  said  smiling  and  kissing  her  forehead.  Crap.  I  forgot  to  get  her  a  gift.  What  does  she  like?  My  thoughts  were  interrupted  as  she  pushed  me  away  and  swung  her  feet  to  the  floor. 

"We  have  to  go,"  she  said  looking  around  before  finally  finding  the  button  to  call  the  nurses  station.  She  pressed  it. 

"Yes,  Mr.  Zimmer,"  the  nurse  asked  cooly. 

Aurora  looked  amused.  "Actually,  my  names  Aurora,  and  I'm  ready  to  ditch  this  place.  Can  I  get  the  forms  to  sign  myself  out,  please?"

"Oh,  dear!"  We  heard  whispers  in  the  background  before  the  nurse  responded.  "Sweetie,  you  just  woke  up  from  a  coma!  You  can't  leave  yet.  There  could  be  more  serious  damage  done!"

"Actually,  I  know  my  rights  and  you  can't  hold  me  here  against  my  wishes.  So,  those  papers?"

The  nurse  cleared  her  throat.  "Right  away,  Miss.  Brooks."

The  line  ended  with  a  beep  before  Aurora  stood  straight  and  looked  at  me.  "So.... do  I  have  any  clothes  here  or...?"

I  snapped  out  of  my  awed  shock  at  how quickly  she's  rushing  out  of  here.  She  just  woke  up  what?  Four,  five  minutes  ago?  "Uh,  yah.  Nana  brought  them...  just  in  case."  I  handed  her  the  blue  bag  that  sat  beside  my  chair,  and  she  quickly  hurried  into  the  connected  bathroom.  Within  moments,  she  was  back  and  dressed  in  dark  jeans,  knee  high  leather  boots,  and  a  black  turtle  neck  that  hugged  her  bust  and  clung  to  her  small waist.

I  felt  my  'friend'  stir  as  I  watched  my  mate  walk  across  the  room  to  me.  It's  not  my  fault  though,  I  swear!  Werewolves  typically  have  higher  testosterone  levels  than  normal  teenaged  males,  and  given  a  young  alpha  male,  mine  were  through  the  roof  and  back.  Which  actually just  means  I'm  horny  24/7,  but  whatever.  You  get  what  I'm  saying... right?

My  attention  was  focused  back  on  my  mate  as  she  signed  the  papers,  and  was  promptly  ignoring  the  doctor  practically  screaming  in  her  ear  to  stay.  I  growled,  not  liking  how  close  he  was  to  my  mate.  The  noise  rumbled  deep  from  the  back  of  my  throat,  vibrating  the  walls,  and  startling  both  Aurora  and  the  human  doctor.  Oops...

I  saw  Aurora  smirk  as  she  slid  out  of  the  room.  I  watched  her  from  behind  as  she  went  and  was  snapped  back  out  of  my  trance  by  the  doctor  clearing  his  throat.  Glaring  at  him  with  as  much  hatred  as  I  could,  I  rushed  out  the  door  to  find  my  mate.  Following  her  scent (I  told  you  it'd  come  in  handy  one  day)  I  found  her  by  the  front  entrance,  annoyance  and  determination  filling  her  features.

"Hurry  up!  We  have  to  get  to  the  pack  house  now!"  she  said  iritated.

What  was  the  big  deal?

Within  five  minutes  we  were  halfway  home.  "What  time  is  it?"  Aurora  asked,  twisting  her  hands  in  her  lap.  The  entire  way  home  she'd  been  pushing  me  to  go  faster  despite  the  snow  storm  that  had  decided  to  start  as  soon  as  we'd  left  the  hospital.  I  looked  at  the  clock,  which  Aurora  must  have  forgotten  was  there.

"11:57,"  I  reported,  not mentioning  how  obvious  the  time  was  with  being  right  in  front  of  her  face.

"Hurry"  she  cried  and  started  nervously  jumping  in  her  seat.

"What's  the  big  rush?"  I  asked  pulling  into  the  long  driveway  of  the  pack  house  which  was  surrounded  by  trees.  The  trees  were  so  thick,  that  they  were  casting  a  sort  of  cover  from  the  snow  puring  down.

Aurora  was  quiet  as  I  parked  the  car  in  front  of  the  house,  facing  the  open  forest  beside  the  house  and  huge  yard.  I  glanced  at  Aurora  and  saw  her  eyes  focused  entirely  ahead  of  her.

"That...,"  she  said  softly  and  pointed  in  front  of  her.

Following  her  pointed  glare,  I  immediatley  froze  in  my  seat.  Before  me,  in  the  treeline  all  around  the  house,  was  hundreds  of  golden  yellow  eyes  glinting  in  the  moonlight.  Wolf  eyes.