Surprise.

You huffed and glanced down at your watch again, 11:39am. You groaned inwardly and rolled your eyes. Why was today going so slow?, You thought. You'd recently had a career change and had instantly regretted the decision as soon as you started your new job.

You now worked in a chartered accountancy firm, and other than the dramatic salary increase, you hated it. It really was true what they said about accountants, they were boring. You'd been working for the firm for 3 months now and hadn't made a single friend, you spent your lunch hour alone at your desk, and only spoke to the other people in the office when you needed to.

"(Y/N)" You groaned as you heard your manager call you from his office, which was beside yours. Another thing you hated about the job. You despondently got up and walked through to the see what the pain in the arse wanted.

"Yes" You said as you walked into his office "Good to see your happy as usual" He said sarcastically, a smug grin on his face. You narrowed your eyes at him, You despised your manager Mark. You knew him from when you were at university and would never have taken the job if you'd known he'd be in charge of you.

"What is it?" You said bluntly, not wanting to put up with his bullshit today. Mark laughed and shook his head "I need you to pop to the offices in Canary Wharf and pick up a few files, they can't do it and need us to" He explained. You sighed and rolled your eyes "I can't, I don't have time today" You explained.

Mark smiled and promptly threw his car keys at you. You successfully caught them and looked at him in confusion "Here, take my car. It'll get you there quicker" He explained. You shook your head in annoyance, before making your way out of the office. At least it'd get you out of work for a couple of hours.

You promptly let yourself into Mark's car, a brand new Jaguar XF, he always was a flash bastard- You thought as you belted yourself in and put the key into the ignition. Maybe, I could key it. You thought as you slowly began to reverse out of the bay, when your phone dinged.

You rolled your eyes and stopped to open the message, which was from your boyfriend, Greg.

From: Greg x

Come back to the house. Something's happened.

Your heart dropped down to your stomach as you read the message. You then chucked the phone on the passenger seat and reversed out of the bay as fast as you could.

***

"Greg!" You yelled as you barged through the front door and ran into the house "Where are you?!" You yelled. You froze for a moment, fear taking over your body as silence emitted through the house. Where the fuck are you Greg?. You thought as you made your way into the living room.

You stood at the entrance of the living room, a look of confusion on your face as you noticed two coconuts on the coffee table. You slowly walked over to them and noticed a note wedged in between them. You picked it up and read the message on the piece of paper, Greg's writing.

Here's your first clue. Now, follow the trail.

You frowned in confusion and looked down at the floor to see a trail of flower petals leading through into the kitchen "What the fuck?" You mumbled as you began to follow the trail.

Once you'd reached the kitchen, you saw two cocktail glasses filled with a yellow liquid on the breakfast bar, with another note propped up against one of the glasses. You eagerly picked the note up and read the second message.

It's 5'o clock somewhere.

You rolled your eyes and laughed at the so called 'clue'. For a detective, you're not very good at this Greg. You thought as you followed the trail out into the back garden.

"Surprise!" Greg yelled. You laughed as he stood there in an hawaiian shirt and swim shorts, stood around a 'manmade' beach he'd made with a kid's paddling pool and sandbox.

"What the heck is all this Greg?" You questioned "And where's the emergency?" You added. Greg huffed and threw his arms in the air "Do you not get it?" He asked, cocking his head to one side "Errr.. No" You chuckled.

Greg sighed and shook his head, before he made his way over to you. A smirk tugged on his lips as he wrapped his arms around your waist. You smiled and placed your hands on his shoulders "Do you remember that conversation we had about going on holiday the other day?" He asked "To Bora Bora?" You questioned.

He nodded, and flashed you a smug grin "Surprise" He said again, placing a swift kiss on your lips. You widened your eyes in disbelief at him "Wait, you're not saying... that all this is because we're going to Bora Bora?" You questioned. Greg nodded "That is exactly what I'm saying" Greg said, grinning from ear to ear.

You squealed and immediately squeezed him tightly. He laughed and smoothly lifted you up and you wrapped you legs around his waist "Hang on" You said, your eyes locking with his "What about work? Mark's not going to give me the time off if I ask" You said miserably. Greg raised his eyebrows in amusement.

"He will if I ask, and I have" He paused "You've got 2 weeks off as of next week" He explained. You squealed again and wrapped your arms tightly around him again "Oh my god Greg! I can't believe you. Next week?!" You exclaimed. He nodded "Fly out next Thursday, first class" He explained.

You gaped in awe at your boyfriend "First class?! Are you fucking with me right now?" Greg laughed and gently put you down "Nope. It's all booked" He said. You grinned happily at him, pressing a kiss to his lips "What's brought all this on? Why now?" You asked.

"Well, I know how unhappy you've been in your job. I thought you could do with a break" He explained. You giggled "There's a break and there's this, Greg, this is... I... I fucking love you" You said. He chuckled lightly "I fucking love you too" He murmured, pressing a kiss to your forehead.

"Now get upstairs and start packing, we've got lots to do" He said, lightly poking your nose, an affectionate smile on his face. You beamed at him and went to give him another hug, when your phone pinged. You swiftly pulled it out of your pocket and read the message.

From: Mark

Where have you gone with my car?!

You laughed to yourself, before putting your phone away and proceeded to hug Greg. Life couldn't get much better right now. 

___________________________________________________________________

Hello Guys! I hope you enjoy this update. It feels like I haven't updated in ages, I've had crazy, busy, hectic life recently. As some of you guys will know already, I've recently got a freelance writing job and it's fucking amazing. I love it, but it's hard work and is also making it harder for me to find time to write on here. But I am trying guys, It's just been a crazy time recently. I'm not even sure when my last update on here was. Was it last week? Idek. 

Anyway, enough of my rambling. I hope you enjoy this one and thank you for all the comments and votes on my last one, and thank you to the people that wrote messages about my Sherlock article, I thought it only fitting that I write a Sherlock piece as my first published article, which made it even more special- achieving one of my career goals and having the honour of doing my first piece on my all time favourite show. 

Anyway, so yeah. Let me know what you think of this one. I will try to keep consistent with the updates- time permitted! I have a bunch of ideas down, so should keep on track and was possibly thinking of a second part to this- what do you think?

Loveeee. :)