21 // {Part 1}

You shyly pushed your glasses against the bridge of your nose as you contemplated on what to order "um, can i just have a vanilla latte and a cheese toastie please?" You said. The man behind the til nodded and promptly tapped at the machine in front of him to process your order.

"That's £6.90 please" He said. You promptly swiped your card across the card machine and it instantly accepted your payment, thank god for contactless payment, you thought. The man smiled at you as he gave you your receipt "There's your receipt, if you just go and wait over by the collection point it won't be a minute" You nodded awkwardly at the man and stepped back to find the collection point, when you bumped into someone.

You gasped and instantly turned around to see a good-looking man with grey hair and the darkest brown eyes you'd ever seen staring back at you "Sorry... I'm really sorry, sir" You mumbled nervously as you averted your gaze to the floor. The man smiled endearingly at you and shoved his hands inside his suit trouser pockets "Greg" He paused and offered his hand to you. You shyly looked up at him and gently placed your hand in his, instantly feeling a sense of warmth in his grip.

You timidly peered up at him, he was a very good-looking man, dressed nicely in a black suit and sporting the most charming expression on his face "(Y/N)" You murmured. He smiled and slowly nodded "Have you ordered your food?" Greg questioned. You nodded shyly, just then the server behind the collection point shouted out your order "That's my order" You said, smiling politely at him, before you walked over to the collection point.

Greg sighed inwardly as he watched you walk over to collect your food and leave the cafe. Wow, Greg thought to himself, She was beautiful. His mind pondering your quaint, but beautiful features. "Sir, can I take your order?" the man behind the cashier called. Greg snapped out of his daydream, smiled and stepped forward to order his food, trying to push you to the back of his mind.

***

You breathlessly stepped off of the treadmill, you had definitely over done it this gym session, your legs felt like jelly and you were sure you were going to collapse when you walked to the car to get home. You promptly grabbed your towel hanging from the treadmill and swiftly made your way to the changing rooms to shower, in hope nobody would smell how bad you smelt right now.

-

You ran your fingers through your wet hair, trying to tame it a little as you walked through reception, when you noticed Greg- the man you'd met earlier waiting by the reception desk, you contemplated just quickly walking past him, to spare you the embarrassment of trying to talk to him again, but just as you were about to make your escape, he looked up and straight at you, before he made his way over to you.

"Hello... (Y/N), right? We met earlier" He said, an affectionate smile on his face. You nodded shyly and awkwardly looked down at the floor. Holy shit, he's better looking than I remember. You thought to yourself. "You go to the gym then?" Greg questioned. You nodded and nervously peered up at him again, his dark brown eyes watching you attentively.

"Cool, I'm just getting back into the gym. I used to do a lot of marathon running" He said casually "You used to run marathons?" You questioned shyly. Greg nodded "Yeah, um, a while a go. But I had to stop" He explained "Now, It's just more of a cool way to keep fit, you know" He said. You nodded and smiled politely at him "Your hair looks nice wet... I mean your hair looks like dry, um your hair looks nice" He blurted out, his cheeks turning a slightly pink colour as he spoke.

He smiled at you as he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck "Anyway, i'm just, i'm... I've got to go now, you're not going to give me your number or anything, i'm probably twice your age, how old are you? Sorry you don-"

"I'm 21" You explained, smiling shyly at him. Greg's eyes widened slightly "Wow, you really are half my age. I'm sorry for bothering you... again" He said, you then promptly took Greg's phone out of his hand and tapped in your number. Greg stood there in complete shock as you gave him the phone back, smiled and shyly walked off.

***

"You told her you ran marathons?" Sherlock questioned, a slightly bewildered expression on his face as he looked over at Greg, pacing the room "Yes!" Greg said as he threw his arms in the air "I wanted to try and impress her" He explained. Sherlock furrowed his brow quizzically "Impress her?" He questioned.

Greg huffed and ran his hands through his hair "Yes! I don't know, she would have thought I was fit, I don't know what I was thinking!" He exclaimed. Sherlock scoffed slightly "She'd only have to take one look at you to realize you weren't fit" He said. Greg narrowed his eyes at his friend, before he began to pace the room again.

"And she gave you her number? You didn't ask for it?" Sherlock questioned. Greg nodded "I didn't think she was interested, so I said i'm just going to go now, you're not going to give me your number... And then she did" Greg explained. Sherlock scratched his head in a puzzled fashion and watched Greg as he paced the room "What are you worrying about then?" He asked.

"I'm old enough to be her dad! I don't know the things 21 year olds like these days. I don't even know where to take her out!" He exclaimed "She's so pretty. I didn't think she'd be interested in someone like me" He added. Sherlock paused for a moment, to think, before he widened his eyes, as though a brilliant idea had popped into his head.

"If you're worried about her age, then why don't you act like a man of her age would" Sherlock suggested. Greg looked at him and quirked his brow "That's not a bad idea you know" He explained "Well ring... No, text her and arrange a date, you could go to one of them clubs in the city centre after a meal or something" Sherlock explained.

Greg nodded and smiled in agreement "I'll do that now" He said as he pulled his phone out and began to text you, arranging Sherlock's 'date' idea. What's the worst that could happen?

______________________________________________

Hey Guys!

Firstly, I am so sorry for missing an upload last week, I've been so busy and I failed my driving test the week before last, and was absolutely gutted. I failed because I stopped over a stop line at a set of traffic lights, instead of going through a red light, and then my examiner had the nerve to tell me i would have passed if i went through the red light. How does that make any sense?! Like how is that in any way fair?! GRRRR! so that's part of the reason why i didn't upload, because i was sulking, but i have been super busy too lol. Anyway...

I hope you enjoy the first part to this one-shot series, thanks for all the comments and votes on the previous ones. All the love. 

Also, quick question to any of my readers from different countries. How does your driving tests work, because people have said that it's so much easier to pass your test in countries like America, and do you drive a manual or automatic cars? for any of my readers that drive or are learning. i'm just curious now lol. bit off topic, but oh well haha.